Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question tbaMUD 3.64 Timeline for Release

More
25 Jan 2013 13:52 #1397 by Rumble
Vatiken and I agreed next release will be the end of Feb with a beta version out mid Feb for testing. We have no known crash bugs so feel free to take the latest SVN for a test drive or wait for the beta release.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2013 23:08 #1399 by Liko

Rumble wrote: Vatiken and I agreed next release will be the end of Feb with a beta version out mid Feb for testing. We have no known crash bugs so feel free to take the latest SVN for a test drive or wait for the beta release.

I suggest updating with latest SVN for now. It fixes issues and updates commands and codes. It's what I do with GLU.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
29 Jan 2013 06:04 #1422 by zusuk
So the line of discussion that followed after this was the possibility of changing the score-sheet for stock TBA.

So I posted our score-sheet from Luminari if you guys want it, nothing super special, but its there for reference and/or inspiration if you like

tbamud.com/downloads/viewdownload/5-snip...score-sheet-do-score

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
30 Jan 2013 05:07 #1427 by Vatiken
Found a few hours tonight to do a little work:
-Events now work for rooms in a similar fashion as they do for characters and descriptors.
-New level 12 Cleric spell, "Darkness", uses a room event to make the room dark for X amount of seconds.
-Added Ripley's change_event_duration()
-Event data on characters/rooms are now loaded when needed as opposed to on start up, this will reduce memory overhead in large worlds.
-Cleaned up some of the functions in mud_event.c to be a little more clear and presentable.

Unfortunately it seems I've lost access to the SVN at the moment so I can't upload the changes but I really want to encourage everyone/anyone to test drive 3.64 when the beta comes out to make sure this is our most bug-free release ever.

One last thing, it's been suggested that I implement my group system into tbaMUD. I'm a little torn as it's not really pure-circleMUD so I feel it should remain just a snippet, but on the other-hand, the original system is just so awful that maybe this should be an exception? I'm just tossing this out there to see what the other devs and our community think.

tbaMUD developer/programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: zusuk

More
30 Jan 2013 06:17 #1428 by zusuk
Well you know how I feel about it :) I'm two thumbs-up for adding the new group system. You made the code clean and easy to follow and/or modify as well, so I do not see any advantage for keeping the old system.

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
30 Jan 2013 08:58 #1429 by Ornir
That's great Vatiken, I am really glad about the room events, those are going to be really neat.

One request, if you have time - Do you have any examples where you use the sVariables portion of the event data? I think that would be really helpful to people getting into more advanced use of events.

Currently, I just stuff one value in there (total event duration), so there is no need for a system, but long-term a type of property system for events would be a win!

Great work with this!

-R

Luminari - a Pathfinder/D&D inspired adventure!
www.luminarimud.com
luminarimud.com 4100

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds