Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question tbaMUD 3.64 Timeline for Release

More
30 Jan 2013 12:58 #1430 by Rumble
I'm fine with a new grouping system as long as it isn't too complex. Have a help file?

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2013 17:02 - 30 Jan 2013 17:03 #1431 by zusuk
Woot, yeah it is part of Vatiken's patch, have you seen it in action yet Rumble? It is a lot better than stock. We have it installed on Luminari if you want to see it in action.
Code:
GROUP Usage: group group < list | new | join | leave | options | kick > GROUP with no arguments shows the status of your group. GROUP list will show you a listing of all groups within the game, as well as their zone location and whether or not they are seeking new members. If you are a group member, then you will share experience points for killing monsters equally among the group. Experience points will only be shared among group members that are in the same location, at the time of the killing blow. Sharing is regardless of whether the group members have been participating in the fight. To join a group, you must target a member of an "open" group (as in accepting new members) and use GROUP join <player name>. Example: Rumble wishes to join Vatiken's group, so assuming Vatiken has set his group to open. Rumble then types: > group join Vatiken To make a group, the wannabe "leader" will use the GROUP new command: > group new To leave a group, simple use GROUP leave: > group leave If the leader leaves the group and one or more members still exists, a new leader will be chosen at random, otherwise the group will be disbanded. Group Leaders: To edit the options in a group, use the GROUP option <option> commands. > group option anonymous : Group information will be hidden/revealed > group option open : Group will be open/closed to new members To kick someone from the group, use GROUP kick <player name> > group kick rumble

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100
Last edit: 30 Jan 2013 17:03 by zusuk.

More
31 Jan 2013 02:23 #1432 by Rumble
I guess we have to add it since I am in the helpfile. Looks like a great addition, lets add it.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
31 Jan 2013 22:11 - 31 Jan 2013 22:11 #1437 by thomas

Vatiken wrote: Unfortunately it seems I've lost access to the SVN at the moment so I can't upload the changes but I really want to encourage everyone/anyone to test drive 3.64 when the beta comes out to make sure this is our most bug-free release ever.

Yes, about that: you can now commit using your server password. We lost a password file in the server switch...

Should I consider fetching the password from tbamud instead?
Last edit: 31 Jan 2013 22:11 by thomas.

More
01 Feb 2013 04:13 #1439 by Vatiken
PMed you with user/pass.

tbaMUD developer/programmer

More
01 Feb 2013 09:54 #1441 by Juras
I havent really even looked at the current group code enough to really say anything about any improvements made with this new group code.

How well does it work with group vs group combat? When a player is leading a group of players against a room full of mobs? What about against another group of players? are mobs able to be "grouped"? ie: could a bull be leading around a harem of cows? is there a max group size?

Would one group of players be able to target the leader of a second group, and if so what happens when the leader is WTFPWND in a single round of combat in a pk mud? what happens to a mob group when their leader is killed?

what about adding in mounts, and having tamed mobs following you around? will this affect group coding? should it?

Just some questions I had about grouping in general since like i said, i'm not really even familiar with the current system, let alone the new one. trying to think of ways that players can and will use this. will they inadvertently crash the mud? will they then abuse it?

I think there is a lot to be said for group coding to be done well, and my only real suggestion is to make sure that it's done right before it's added in. And if it IS done right, then it shouldn't be a question of whether or not it needs to be added.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds