Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Assigning trial vnums as player rooms

More
05 Jan 2014 00:40 #4626 by Parnassus
That's an interesting thought. I just figured it had to be done by an imm.

I wonder if a trigger could be added to all house rooms in the zone to call a realtor. Then put a trigger on the realtor to check for room flags, sell the house (room where the realtor is standing to the player standing in the room) and remove the room trigger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2014 00:48 #4627 by RussBrown
That could potentially work. Since you need to know the exit direction for the atrium, the house room would probably need to have only one exit. Then the realtor mob could determine the exit. That should not be an issue though.

More
05 Jan 2014 00:57 #4628 by RussBrown
Other things on my idea list for houses that may explain why I am leaning towards a file of some sort.

- allow players to redecorate their house by basically writing an alternate description for the room. This would be used as long as the player owned the house, but if they stopped paying or sold the house then it would revert back to the original description from the world file.
~ support different prices for houses based on location.
~ keep track of rent/mortgage payments. You should eventually be able to pay off a house and then never have to pay again.
~ dunno what else, maybe object upgrades like fountains, furniture, etc? Butler mob?

More
05 Jan 2014 22:25 - 05 Jan 2014 22:29 #4632 by Rumble
Font size increased 150%!

Also, Jamdog tried a more robust house editor back in 2010 that we didn't end up using. I don't think it was ever finished. Check it out here.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com
Last edit: 05 Jan 2014 22:29 by Rumble.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RussBrown

More
06 Jan 2014 00:11 #4633 by RussBrown
Thanks for the link Rumble, that thread has some interesting ideas in it. Is Jamdog's code available to download somewhere? Even if it is not I hadn't even considered implementing house flags so that alone was worth the read.

Also, my eyes thank you for increasing the font size in the editor!

More
06 Jan 2014 01:50 - 06 Jan 2014 01:50 #4634 by Rumble
I found the patch here.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com
Last edit: 06 Jan 2014 01:50 by Rumble.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds