Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Assigning trial vnums as player rooms

More
08 Dec 2013 07:54 #4563 by aredcloak19
Hi all,

I was wondering how do you give a player a vnum in the mud(This is strictly off in my own mud). I have found Rumble's trigger of the day: trial vnum assigner. My idea for my mud is the different paths are go to get an assigned vnum where they can store all there stuff when not in school/being an adult. Your help would be greatly appreciated or even looking at this.

Thanks again,

aredcloak19

I'm the one that people say, "How did you break this and what did you do to break it."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2013 16:00 #4564 by Rumble
SET-OLC

Usage: set <player> OLC <#>

Valid numbers include zone numbers 0-655 and the following:

AEDIT: 999
HEDIT: 888
ALL: 666

See Also: SET, ZEDIT-CREATE, AEDIT, HEDIT

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
08 Dec 2013 19:21 #4565 by Parnassus
Keep in mind that if your mud crashes or you reboot it, everything will be gone. Isn't this what houses are for? But I tried to create a house in my 3.64 and got the Huh!?!. The help files are there to show hsedit but the command doesn't seem to exist. Hcontrol works but it doesn't seem to work well. Are houses useable?

More
09 Dec 2013 21:45 #4568 by Rumble
Houses are fully functional, HELP HOUSE, HELP HOUSES, HELP HCONTROL. hsedit was scrapped, removed the help file, thanks.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
10 Dec 2013 17:18 #4570 by aredcloak19
So If you make a house, it requires two rooms? Also I was wondering when making a character, I wanted to make a house for every character pending on the which path they choose. Is that something that you would do in the code or when you have a new player come in just build a house for them.

I'm the one that people say, "How did you break this and what did you do to break it."

More
10 Dec 2013 18:40 - 03 Jan 2014 13:39 #4571 by Rumble
You could do it either way. Yes houses are 2 rooms. ATRIUM is the room that allows/prevents access and does not save objects. The HOUSE flagged room is where objects will be saved.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com
Last edit: 03 Jan 2014 13:39 by Rumble.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds