Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Issue With Color and Prompts

More
28 Dec 2012 00:43 #1216 by Vatiken
3.62 used the original proc_color() snippet which didn't include processing the prompt for colour codes.
3.63 uses a different system which includes all output from the MUD.

The easiest way to accomplish the goal of colour in the prompt in 3.62 is to manually run the prompt string through proc_color() before firing it into the MUD output.

tbaMUD developer/programmer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2012 03:39 #1217 by Liko

zusuk wrote: Hey Liko, are you running the most recent revision of 3.63 via the SVN or are you running from that stock code link you gave me?

I'm running 3.63, but without any of the 300+ revisions they've made to it :P

-Zusuk

Update, I did patch a lot from the SVN this weekend.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
28 Dec 2012 08:54 #1218 by zusuk
Yeah so I'm very perplexed... I'm definitely running 3.63, never touched 3.62

To further confirm that I just checked to see if i even have a proc_color() function, and I don't.

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
29 Dec 2012 01:46 #1221 by Vatiken

zusuk wrote: Hey Liko, are you running the most recent revision of 3.63 via the SVN or are you running from that stock code link you gave me?

I'm running 3.63, but without any of the 300+ revisions they've made to it :P

-Zusuk

Many of those "300+" revisions are bug fixes that either belong to CircleMUD, tbaMUD < 3.63, or are new in 3.63. Without any further information, my best guess is the issue you are dealing with is one that has previously been dealt with.

As a shot in the dark, I'll point you to this thread .

Bug 3.63: Skipping Tabs
Functions like wsend, msend, and osend skip spaces in the messages they send. Since tabs are considered "spaces", if your message being sent starts with a tab, it will display incorrectly.

For Example:
%send% %actor% @RThis text is red@n
::::translates into
%send% %actor% \tRThis text is red\tn
::::displays as
RThis text is red

tbaMUD developer/programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: zusuk

More
29 Dec 2012 19:50 #1223 by zusuk
I remember that fix, I applied it already. Thanks though, its something of this nature that is causing my issue.

I'm gonna keep digging away see if I can find the issue, thanks for the direction

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
29 Dec 2012 21:40 #1225 by Liko

zusuk wrote: I remember that fix, I applied it already. Thanks though, its something of this nature that is causing my issue.

I'm gonna keep digging away see if I can find the issue, thanks for the direction

Are you sure that the colour is processing? I know me and Vat fixed and issue in GLU where colour wasn't setting during character creation(IE password, sex, and etc).

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds