Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Green Lantern Mud

More
26 Oct 2012 17:09 #948 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Re: Green Lantern Mud
There is no simple answer of course. NESW is good because every MUDder is familiar with it. But reality wise what Wifidi has been working on makes more sense. Think back to some of the first graphical games were N moved forward and E/W turned you left or right. Each has their advantages and disadvantages. For simplicity NESW would probably be best.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wifidi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2012 13:02 #958 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic Re: Green Lantern Mud

wifidi wrote: Dear Liko,
Toggles are user friendly unless there's hundreds. My general recommedation for a Green Lantern MUD is strongly developing the concept of negation i.e. something similar to dispel magic in D&D. Rival energy such as "Yellow" seems tougher to program than simply how to stop "Green" powers. CoffeeMUD's next phase is superpowers. I imagine it'd be boring for a normal character watching superheroes zap the MUD, or too tempting for a normal character to use a superpower instead of earning years of top equipment.
Congrats on your theme. I think you'll succeed because in the advice you've given me you proceed step by step without running off into something questionable or spurious.
I'd ultimately like to see wizards, overlords and so on "crash" as in crashing a party Green Lantern MUD in an attempt to dominate its world with magic and good ol' fashioned fear.

You should read up on the Sinestro Corps then :)

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
05 Nov 2012 01:50 - 05 Nov 2012 03:32 #982 by Liko
Well here is the latest addition to GLUM:

When an object type is now selected as an weapon they now get to choose the weapons type. IE: bow, staff, 1 hand, 2 hand, and etc. When players first create their characters they also get to select what type of weapon they want their character to use.

What does this mean? Lets say your character uses bows. He can only use bow class weapons. Now you can change your weapon class in game for a cost.

Let me know what you guys think of this feature. I have gone the wrong way?
Also, players will have skills they can used based on their weapon.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer
Last edit: 05 Nov 2012 03:32 by Liko. Reason: more information added

More
05 Nov 2012 10:04 #988 by zusuk
Replied by zusuk on topic Re: Green Lantern Mud
I like it... it has the potential to create a lot of variety. Especially if you plan on making whole sets of skills based on weapon type.

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
05 Nov 2012 17:22 #992 by Liko

zusuk wrote: I like it... it has the potential to create a lot of variety. Especially if you plan on making whole sets of skills based on weapon type.

It does and I do plan to have skills based on weapons.

I'm also adding a modification system to armor and weapons. Where you can craft like strength, health, and so on. You'd be able to put them into the armor or weapon if it is modifiable and has enough slots open.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
06 Nov 2012 12:00 #996 by Liko
More updates on the weapons:

Brawling, Bows, Staff, Dual Pistols, and Two handed all require two hands to use, meaning you can't hold another item while having your weapon equipped. Should you be allowed to have a shield equipped? Also, should brawling be considered two handed? I think it should be since they'd be using claw like weapons in each hands.

Just looking for some more input.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds