Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Running on a Windows machine?

More
13 Apr 2016 14:15 #5754 by fade
Replied by fade on topic Running on a Windows machine?
Yes, I'm running Windows 10 + TBAMud successfully.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sascha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2016 14:38 #5755 by Sascha
You rock, thank you so much!

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

More
13 Apr 2016 14:49 #5756 by fade
Replied by fade on topic Running on a Windows machine?
No problem. If you run into any trouble drop by TBA or my MUD (aridmud.com 4000) and I'll see if I can help.

More
14 Apr 2016 19:28 #5759 by Sascha
I'm trying an install using CYGWIN since it was suggested first, by Rumble. I am getting this error:

configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

There's no reference to this in the README.CYGWIN or in README.WIN . I've googled it and while I can't find a specific reference to this when using CYGWIN it does come up in regards to other compilers.

Should I A) hit my head against the desk until the obvious thing staring me in the face turns into a DOH! moment that we all can laugh at (always amusing, but probably not productive unless I load up on some serious caffeine first); B) uninstall CYGWIN, do a fresh download, and start over, or C) go with Fade's alternate method with Visual Studio?

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

More
14 Apr 2016 21:56 - 14 Apr 2016 21:57 #5760 by Rumble
You have to tell it where the tbamud directory(path) is. I last setup Cygwin about 3 years ago. So things may have changed. I actually agree with Fade and that a full fledged IDE like Visual Studio is better for Windows users than a unix emulator like Cygwin. Especially since VS is now free.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com
Last edit: 14 Apr 2016 21:57 by Rumble.

More
14 Apr 2016 21:59 - 14 Apr 2016 22:20 #5761 by Sascha
For the record: Caffeine, a lot more google, and tackling it from a different direction solved it, no head bashing needed. If anyone ever comes up with this again, just go back to the cygwin install, search for gcc, download and install the related files, and then proceed...

...until you get to this: "NOW change to the /tbaMUD/src directory "cd src", and type "make" -- there is no "make" command to use, but there is a bunch of "makefile" commands in there.

More caffeine needed! I'm going to try a fresh download and install because I'm stubborn - thanks for your direct help in the academy, Rumble. :) Failing that, I'll move to VS.

It's all worth it, to make a MUD worth playing, right? Right!

Last edit: 14 Apr 2016 22:20 by Sascha.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds