Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Running on a Windows machine?

More
08 Apr 2016 17:18 #5731 by Sascha
I've seen some references to being able to run this mud code on a windows machine, but I haven't been able to find any clear instructions on how to do it - I'm looking for a "Installing tbamud for dummies" kind of thing.

I have a machine that I can dedicate as a server on site, but it is configured for windows, and it has to stay that way. Am I out of luck?

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2016 20:14 #5735 by thomas
It can run on windows. See the docs in github.com/tbamud/tbamud/blob/master/doc/README.WIN
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sascha

More
08 Apr 2016 21:04 - 08 Apr 2016 21:04 #5736 by Rumble

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com
Last edit: 08 Apr 2016 21:04 by Rumble.

More
09 Apr 2016 14:54 #5746 by Sascha
Thank you both very much. I'll get those and start reading! I'm hoping to install and start moving forward on Monday. I'm very excited to make this work for my new project!

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

More
11 Apr 2016 03:18 #5747 by fade
Replied by fade on topic Running on a Windows machine?
Personally I wouldn't bother with Cygwin. Instead download and install the Visual Studio Community Edition.
www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visu...io-community-vs.aspx
You can use the files in the attachment to get it running.

TBA Windows.zip
Put TbaMud.sln, TbaMud.vcxproj, TbaMud.vcxproj.filters, TbaMud.vcxproj.user in the root TbaMud folder.
Rename conf.h.win to conf.h and replace the conf.h file in <tba root folder>\src
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sascha

More
13 Apr 2016 14:07 #5753 by Sascha
Has anyone tested either of those options on a Windows 10 machine?

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds