Welcome to the Builder Academy

Loved New OLC Craft System

More
28 Sep 2012 04:57 #831 by Papaya Pete
Alright, well, first of all I have to apologize for taking so long to do as you requested. I had to take a break and wanted to talk with a friend of mine to see what he could spot, since he's much more experience than I am. So... here is the result of using "show craft" and "show craft <craft>":
Code:
i34 500H 100M 82V > show crafts Crafts: ID ) Name VNUM Item Name 100 ) Weak Healing Potion -> [103 ] [a light blue potion] 101 ) Healing Potion -> [104 ] [a blue potion] i34 500H 100M 82V > show crafts weak healing potion Craft: Weak Healing Potion, (100) Makes: a light blue potion! Time: 5 Req: some delicious blueberries (1 ) In Inventory Remove Req: some queenswrap (1 ) In Inventory Remove i34 500H 100M 82V > show crafts Healing Potion Craft: Healing Potion, (101) Makes: a blue potion! Time: 5 Req: some delicious blueberries (1 ) In Inventory Remove Req: some kingsfoil (1 ) In Inventory Remove i34 500H 100M 82V >

Now... here's the problem we ran into. We were trying to use gdb, and this is the result that we kept getting:
Code:
warning: core file may not match specified executable file. [New Thread 0x1] [New process 1] [New process 1] [New process 1] [New process 1] [New process 1] [New process 1] [New process 1] [New process 1] [New process 1] #0 0x77b9f8b1 in ntdll!RtlUpdateClonedSRWLock () from c:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll (gdb) bt #0 0x77b9f8b1 in ntdll!RtlUpdateClonedSRWLock () from c:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll #1 0x77b9f8b1 in ntdll!RtlUpdateClonedSRWLock () from c:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll #2 0x76fa0a91 in WaitForSingleObjectEx () from C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll warning: (Internal error: pc 0x2db in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.) warning: (Internal error: pc 0x2db in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.) #3 0x000002dc in ?? () warning: (Internal error: pc 0x2db in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.) #4 0x00000000 in ?? ()

So the first thing he noticed was that the core file was not matching with the .exe file, when it should of. So for some reason that eludes us, gdb is not properly reading the core dump file. Has thing kind of thing happened to anyone else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2012 13:54 - 28 Sep 2012 13:54 #832 by Vatiken
Replied by Vatiken on topic Re: New OLC Craft System
Don't have enough time at the moment to scroll back over this completely but I'll try when I get home later. With regards to the GDB message: "warning: core file may not match specified executable file."

This might be a result of either:
a) inputing the incorrect path in for the binary executable OR
b) an outdated core file (If you've recompiled since the core dump then GDB will complain since the executable that created the core dump will be different then the one you are using to read the dump)

tbaMUD developer/programmer
Last edit: 28 Sep 2012 13:54 by Vatiken.

More
29 Sep 2012 05:07 #835 by Papaya Pete

This might be a result of either:
a) inputing the incorrect path in for the binary executable OR
b) an outdated core file (If you've recompiled since the core dump then GDB will complain since the executable that created the core dump will be different then the one you are using to read the dump)

We actually double-checked both of those possible problems, he was thinking the same thing. It's real puzzling, since it seems like we have the correct path and the core file was updated.

More
29 Sep 2012 20:31 #836 by Vatiken
Replied by Vatiken on topic Re: New OLC Craft System
Everything I've read (about the GDB error/warning) suggests the issue is related to one of the reasons i've already submitted. What happens when you cause the crash while running the program in GDB?

tbaMUD developer/programmer

More
30 Sep 2012 07:38 #838 by Papaya Pete
I tried running it in gdb like you said. It gave me the same kind of errors as before (it's really really irritating how I can't copy text directly off of CYGWIN!), and backtrace just gives me the same kind of nonsense as above. Hmmm. Maybe I should go for a clean install of CYGWIN or something... though I'll have to refigure out what I need and don't need.

More
24 Feb 2018 16:30 #7625 by Sascha
Replied by Sascha on topic Re: New OLC Craft System
So I'm wondering...

Were the crash causes ever hammered out? Is there a reason this isn't released in stock? I was quite interested in this a year ago, and one of my builders brought it to my attention again this morning, so I thought I'd bump it up and get some more info on its history/progress/implementation.

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds