Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Green Lantern Mud

More
30 Sep 2012 18:31 #840 by Liko
Green Lantern Mud was created by Liko

Hello,

I've been debating if doing an RPG mud is really what I have passion about. What I have real passion for is Green Lantern Universe. Lets face it there are hundreds of medieval fantasy muds out there. There aren't any Green Lantern muds. There are pros and cons to trying to do a GL mud. I wish to get advice before I take on this dream and goal of mine.

Pros

1. Widen variety of heroes and villains.

(Look at all the potential I could have here. This is just with the lanterns themselves. Not including non-lantern villains/heroes.)

2. Could be a one of a kind Green Lantern Mud.

3. Tons of character creation choices and other options.

4. Plenty of areas to explore.

5. An already establish universe to expand upon.

Cons

1. The expansion universe it self. In the GL universe they travel planet to planet. As you can see this would be the first problem. I would want people to experience what they read. The reason I think I'd run into is the lack of vnums.

2. The ring abilities themselves. They use constructs. The ring's ability are only limited by the user themselves. I think people would want to be able to have plenty of customizable constructs. Main problem here is how would I be able to obtain that.

3. Ring and Lantern. The ring lanterns uses a charge. It depletes after each use. The Lantern charges the ring. I would have to come up with a ring and lantern charging system.

4. Central Batteries. Central Batteries affect all rings. I would have to come up with a system that if something happens to the battery it would affect the rings. Any ideas.

As you can see this would be a big task. I would love all the input on this.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2012 23:28 #841 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Re: Green Lantern Mud
Sounds like a great theme for a MUD. None of your cons seem to be game stoppers. I'm afraid I can't be too much help since I don't know much about the GL universe.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
01 Oct 2012 11:53 #843 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic Re: Green Lantern Mud

Rumble wrote: Sounds like a great theme for a MUD. None of your cons seem to be game stoppers. I'm afraid I can't be too much help since I don't know much about the GL universe.

I know the con's aren't game stoppers. I just need some brain storming ideas on how to really implement them. For the Ring and Lantern charging I thought maybe a trigger.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
01 Oct 2012 17:33 #844 by Liko
I think I have came up with a way to solve the ring's power and charging. I believe I can use tba's mana system and modify it a little bit. I would call it Ring Power(RP). Each time you use an ability it would train some of your RP. The way you'd charge it would be with a lantern or the central power battery. I could simply use a trigger on the lantern to heal the players RP. The RP stat would also only display while wearing a ring. Since you would be powerless without a ring on. I would have to reduce the ring wearing to one.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
01 Oct 2012 23:56 #846 by Liko
I've designed a greetings for the mud. Tell me what you guys think.

Attachment glu_greetings.png not found

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer
Attachments:

More
02 Oct 2012 00:07 #847 by bakarus
Replied by bakarus on topic Re: Green Lantern Mud
Superb idea for mud, love green lantern and I think your welcome screen is really nice.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds