Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Dracmas annoying thread of questions

More
25 Dec 2014 22:15 #5184 by krell
Let me see if I've got this straight, you want to set a minimum level for PCs to attack or defeat specific MOBs? I'm sure you could use DGScripts to help with that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Dec 2014 22:39 #5185 by krell
I think the recall point is currently hardcoded. Again you might be able to fake it with DGScript.

More
25 Dec 2014 22:45 - 25 Dec 2014 22:48 #5186 by dracmas
From what I'm seeing, medit sets flags if the mob is a sentinal...if it's aggressive honerable etc. It also sets the descriptions you see and that along with zedit sets the mob in the room and equips items to the mob. But for the life of me I can't see where you set the stats/level of what the mob is. It's like making lvl 20 area with lvl 5 mobs anyone could kill. I don't see an explanation from helpfiles so far, or rather I'm just not finding them. I've been looking through source with git to try locating it since I'm not sure of the commands to do so yet.

Silveroak was like a Peacekeeper is in Midgaard, but that he's set up as stationary and gave food to new players. He had a wicked sword, but you couldn't kill him to get it without having the highest lvl/stats to be able to kill him.

edit:as for the recall, I know where the start room is for recall, I just didnt know if there was one for the first start in the game for new players. If not I'll have to search the code for when the player is loaded into the game the first time, and do a fix to change the vnum a new player ends up in. Didn't know if it was preset or not. I'm new to this, so was asking before I dive into something that might already be hard-coded into the game
Last edit: 25 Dec 2014 22:48 by dracmas. Reason: further explanation

More
26 Dec 2014 00:22 - 26 Dec 2014 00:31 #5187 by krell

dracmas wrote: From what I'm seeing, medit sets flags if the mob is a sentinal...if it's aggressive honerable etc. It also sets the descriptions you see and that along with zedit sets the mob in the room and equips items to the mob. But for the life of me I can't see where you set the stats/level of what the mob is. It's like making lvl 20 area with lvl 5 mobs anyone could kill. I don't see an explanation from helpfiles so far, or rather I'm just not finding them. I've been looking through source with git to try locating it since I'm not sure of the commands to do so yet.

Silveroak was like a Peacekeeper is in Midgaard, but that he's set up as stationary and gave food to new players. He had a wicked sword, but you couldn't kill him to get it without having the highest lvl/stats to be able to kill him.

You could just use medit to set the MOB's hitrolll, damroll, hitpoints and AC appropriately to get a similar effect.

Code:
help medit-stats
Last edit: 26 Dec 2014 00:31 by krell. Reason: Adding useful information

More
26 Dec 2014 01:34 #5188 by dracmas
That's what I was looking for! Updated Silveroak and done. I'm about half way
making proper room descriptions for Mudschool, putting in the tutorials on signs, chalkboards,
school notebooks etc. lol. Connected Mudschool to Midgaard. Also connected The immortal room with Midgaard like in Rom, with Asgard being the connected rooms in between. IM rooms flagged GODROOM of course. Well it's a start anyways.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions. This will definitely keep me busy for awhile. :)

More
26 Dec 2014 03:06 #5189 by dracmas
Kinda feel like a dunce for missing the stats option in medit. Odd.

I know you had to be thinking "what an idiot". I'm thinking that now too.

Probably the only reason I haven't went through the builder's course here is the freedom to decide what I want to do and switch between different tasks when I need a break from something I'm having trouble with. Like now where I'm taking a break from area editing to put in a hp reducing recall command.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds