Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Dracmas annoying thread of questions

More
25 Dec 2014 16:17 #5178 by dracmas
I didn't know where to place this, so I thought I'd post here.
I've never done things the 'right way' so thought quick questions when I'm looking for answers would be the best bet. Also one thread would make things easier than to keep posting elsewhere lmao.

For starters, major newbie question, how do you add a created mob to a room?
I edited main exit in Midgaard to get to Mudschool. I created a guard that will deny players over lvl 5 from entering the school. I just don't know how to set the mob in the room and make it perminant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Dec 2014 17:17 - 25 Dec 2014 18:11 #5179 by krell
You have to edit your zone information.

Code:
help zedit
Last edit: 25 Dec 2014 18:11 by krell. Reason: add useful information
The following user(s) said Thank You: dracmas

More
25 Dec 2014 18:41 #5180 by dracmas
Ok got it.

Zedit <room vnum> - was in the N(insert new command) option.

To edit level stats of mobs?

I think I'll be able to roll with working on things for awhile after that :)
I'm working on updating Mud School before I work on sorting out the newbie areas.

More
25 Dec 2014 19:42 #5181 by krell
Code:
help medit

See also

Code:
help olc

Also, take The Builder Academy Zone introductory tour on tbaMUD.

More
25 Dec 2014 21:38 #5182 by dracmas
I guess I meant to say 'stats' as in level of the mob.
medit we know says this
Code:
-- Mob Number: [3014] 1) Sex: male 2) Keywords: silveroak 3) S-Desc: Silveroak the guardian 4) L-Desc:- Silveroak is here, waiting to dispense some justice. 5) D-Desc:- Big. Very Big. Stupid. Very stupid. Silveroak, the guardian of the Temple of Midgaard, towers over you. He's over 12 feet tall, every inch of it muscle. It would be a Bad Thing to commit a crime in his presence. 6) Position : Standing 7) Default : Standing 8) Attack : hit 9) Stats Menu... A) NPC Flags : SENTINEL ISNPC AGGR_GOOD NO_CHARM NO_SLEEP NO_BLIND B) AFF Flags : NOBITS S) Script : Not Set. W) Copy mob X) Delete mob Q) Quit Enter choice :

It defines the mob and how to flag him, but levelwise I don't know.
Not so much worried about screwing up on my own, since git can restore from mistakes I've made. It's not so much learning to build new areas right now, but changing the zones into a sort of circle/rom hybrid before I really get serious with building.Silveroak was a guardian on the mud Emperia that gave free apples to newbies in Midgaard on the mud. Since I'm redoing Emperia, I'm just trying to get the main mobs in the areas. I've gotten most back into the areas, but setting the level for only the higher lvls to be able to defeat has still been something I haven't found yet.

More
25 Dec 2014 22:13 #5183 by dracmas
Also, I'm looking for the location of where new players go. Unless there is no spot for it to begin with. I know there is a start location for players, and that it ties in when someoen does a recall (word of recall) etc. but now I'm looking how to set a new player to the entrance of mudschool, instead of the starting room.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds