Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Dracmas annoying thread of questions

More
30 Dec 2014 05:41 - 30 Dec 2014 06:52 #5198 by dracmas
Decided it wasn't worth it for the wait. Completed was used on a mob mobile guarding entrance to mudschool going north. Edited from guard script currently in tbamud.
Code:
Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles Trigger Type: Leave , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: None Commands: if %direction% == north if %actor.level% > 5 %send% %actor% The guard humiliates you, and blocks your way. %echoaround% %actor% The guard humiliates %actor.name%, and blocks %actor.hisher% way. %send% %actor% The guard punches you, sending you flying down the stairs! %echoaround% %actor% The guard punches %actor.name%, sending %actor.name% flying down the stairs! %teleport% %actor% 3001 %echoaround% %actor% You see %actor.name% get thrown out of Mudschool. Yikes! %send% %actor% You hit the ground with a BOOM! %echoaround% %actor% %actor.name% hits the ground with a BOOM! %force% %actor% look return 0 end

Edit: found what I was looking for earlier, but don't think my previous idea was well thought out so it was scrapped.
Code:
ATTACH Builders working on their trial vnum do not need to learn this command, yet. Usage: attach mob {trigger vnum/name} {mob name} [location] attach obj {trigger vnum/name} {obj name} [location] attach room {trigger vnum/name} {room vnum} [location] Attach lets you attach a trigger to one instance of a mob/obj/room, for testing or other purposes. The command only attaches the trigger once, and will not last over a reboot (or crash). The 'location' is what number in the triggerlist the trigger will assume. It is important to first attach a trigger to test before you manually add it through oedit/medit/redit. Examples: attach room 14500 14520 - Attaches room trigger 14500 to room 14520. attach mob 1332 Santa - Attaches mob trigger 1332 to mob 1308 (Santa). attach obj 1480 sword - Attaches obj trigger 1480 to a sword.
The other command is detach.

Have to add, if you're learning like I am by going through forum posts and examples already in the mud, it's quite fun isn't it? :)
Last edit: 30 Dec 2014 06:52 by dracmas. Reason: no need for another post right now for further find.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2015 10:41 #5199 by dracmas
I see in config.c it asks if you wish to allow trigs to be attached to PC's. How do you do this? I've been looking for examples but haven't found any. Changed 'NO' to 'YES'. Changed to yes on cedit as well. In trigedit I only see the option for mobiles, objects, and rooms still.

More
01 Jan 2015 13:28 #5200 by dracmas
Another thought I've been putting into is mudschool. It's been plaguing me for awhile, but don't think I'll get rid of the default mudschool in game. I've already modified it, but leaving it there for a learning tool. I haven't figured it out yet, but going to have new players pop into the new section of mudschool, and if they are new, be sent through a forced yet interactive area. Not even the fights will be real. DG scripted, the fight commands will be triggers, with explanations of how things work going on mid mock 'fight'. It'll be my first big project working through triggers, so I've been tstat'ing trigger after trigger writing down notes on how they work. Much better at figuring out by the examples already in place, which I will second the admins on here's opinions on not getting rid of the default areas to start with a "clean slate". Will give progress on how it's going, but also if there are any ideas any have on this I'm welcome to them. Certainly walking through rooms being advised to 'read signs' isn't the way to get someone started that wants to see action from the start of the game. I'm also certain quests will be a big nudge right afterwards to keep going from there.

More
02 Jan 2015 13:58 #5202 by thomas
you make mob triggers and attach them "live" with for instance %attach% %actor% <number>.

More
29 Mar 2015 14:24 #5268 by dracmas
Color question.

I've been fiddling around with the colors on the map. Instead of the [] I switched it just so it would be inverse color white with the text covering on top of where you are. I also have the snippet added showing players, mobs and text. My question is this. Inverse by itself does a white background with black text. If I mess around with this I get different colored backgrounds with black text. How would I keep the background color white with different color text?

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds