Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Memorize System

More
20 Jun 2012 21:50 #120 by Papaya Pete
Memorize System was created by Papaya Pete
This is an old snippit that I remember finding. It's using a spell slot system in which a mage has to prepare his spells ahead of time, much like how DnD was back in the day.

I was wanting to add this in for one of my classes, with the future goal of having components required in order to prepare one.

Anyways, just thought I'd bring this up, seeing if anyone else has done this and updated it. If not this is a project of mine, will post once I (finally) succeed.

And if anyone needs the old snippit I found let me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2012 23:42 #123 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic Re: Memorize System

Papaya Pete wrote: This is an old snippit that I remember finding. It's using a spell slot system in which a mage has to prepare his spells ahead of time, much like how DnD was back in the day.

I was wanting to add this in for one of my classes, with the future goal of having components required in order to prepare one.

Anyways, just thought I'd bring this up, seeing if anyone else has done this and updated it. If not this is a project of mine, will post once I (finally) succeed.

And if anyone needs the old snippit I found let me know.

If you post the snippet we'd be able to take a look.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
20 Jun 2012 23:50 #125 by Papaya Pete
Replied by Papaya Pete on topic Re: Memorize System
Sure thing. Here it is.
Attachments:

More
12 Jul 2012 14:57 #348 by Papaya Pete
Replied by Papaya Pete on topic Re: Memorize System
Hmm, so I was taking a look at this snippit last night for the fun of it. The problem that I see that conflicts with the idea I had was I only wanted one class to have to rely on memorizing, or preparing, skills and such ahead of time. This seems to apply to all casters. Any ideas on how to work around this?

I had one, but honestly I don't know if it would work, I still have to try and get this in to work in the first place. But when it checks to see whether a spell has been memorized...
Code:
In spell_parser.c /* if spell NOT memorized */ if ((GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_IMMORT) && !IS_NPC(ch) && (!is_memorized(ch, spellnum, TRUE))) { /* innate, not memorized, not ready */ if(innate && (!is_innate_ready(ch, spellnum))) { send_to_char(ch, "You must wait a while before using that innate spell.\r\n"); return; /* not innate, not memorized */ } else if(!innate) { send_to_char(ch, "You do not have that spell memorized!\r\n"); return; }

I was thinking that in that first line, you can try adding another condition which checks to see if that class you want to have memorize (in this example CLASS_MEMMAGE). Like....

if ((GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_IMMORT) && (GET_CLASS(ch) != CLASS_MEMMAGE) && !IS_NPC(ch) && (!is_memorized(ch, spellnum, TRUE))) {

I'm pretty new at coding still, and with not having gotten this to work yet I can't test this out yet. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to toss around ideas.

Oh interesting note: this snippit also has code for adding innate abilities, both perm affects and abilities that you can use every so often.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds