Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Simple_list() Forced to reset itself

More
10 Aug 2014 03:03 #4994 by WhiskyTest
[ SYSERR: simple_list() forced to reset itself. ]

I just spotted this error in the Syslog when playtesting. It comes from perform_violence() as the code snippet below shows.

It will only happen when the character is in a group. I hadn't noticed it before, is anyone else able to replicate this?

Is the error message indicative of a larger problem or can I safely ignored it? The MUD seems to carry on just fine.
Code:
if (GROUP(ch)) { while ((tch = (struct char_data *) simple_list(GROUP(ch)->members)) != NULL) { if (tch == ch) continue; if (!IS_NPC(tch) && !PRF_FLAGGED(tch, PRF_AUTOASSIST)) continue; if (IN_ROOM(ch) != IN_ROOM(tch)) continue; if (FIGHTING(tch)) continue; if (GET_POS(tch) != POS_STANDING) continue; if (!CAN_SEE(tch, ch)) continue; do_assist(tch, GET_NAME(ch), 0, 0); } }

The message comes up in play testing thusly:

Health: 48 Fatigue: 89% Threat: 62% a putrid corpse (80%) >
(1) You tickle a putrid corpse as you hit it.

Health: 48 Fatigue: 90% Threat: 62% a putrid corpse (75%) >
[ SYSERR: simple_list() forced to reset itself. ]

Health: 48 Fatigue: 90% Threat: 62% a putrid corpse (75%) >
(1) You tickle a putrid corpse as you hit it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2014 21:19 #4998 by WhiskyTest
I spun up a fresh copy in the weekend of stock 3.65 and could not replicate this issue so it's something I've broken :)

Does anyone know what the simple_list() is doing? Or what I've changed that could cause the error?

I have a couple of random crashes which are proving hard to replicate consistently, I think this may be one of them..

More
21 Aug 2014 20:14 #5000 by Liko

WhiskyTest wrote: I spun up a fresh copy in the weekend of stock 3.65 and could not replicate this issue so it's something I've broken :)

Does anyone know what the simple_list() is doing? Or what I've changed that could cause the error?

I have a couple of random crashes which are proving hard to replicate consistently, I think this may be one of them..

Could it be tracking who you are fighting?

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
21 Aug 2014 21:32 #5001 by WhiskyTest
Yeah possibly, it's when the list cycles through group members and at least one of them is fighting.

I have made the fighting event driven, basically the hit() function is an event now and a few things needed to be updated like stop_fighting and wimpy. Actually the wimpy and auto-flee code would crash the MUD so I disabled it for now.

I haven't had particularly stable results using the mud_event.c system but it's probably just my hack n slash coding :)
I will make the fight event using the old event system and see if that changes the behavior..

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds