Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Hedit Crash

More
24 Jul 2014 22:28 #4965 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic Hedit Crash
Here is the backtrace:
Code:
#0 0x080d8af9 in do_oasis_hedit (ch=0x83a4078, argument=0xbffff1cd " liko", cmd=512, subcmd=0) at hedit.c:87 #1 0x080ea84a in command_interpreter (ch=0x83a4078, argument=0xbffff1c8 "hedit liko") at interpreter.c:584 #2 0x0809d34b in game_loop (local_mother_desc=7) at comm.c:889 #3 0x0809dd08 in init_game (argc=2, argv=0xbffff764) at comm.c:533 #4 main (argc=2, argv=0xbffff764) at comm.c:353

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2014 00:43 #4966 by WhiskyTest
Replied by WhiskyTest on topic Hedit Crash
As it turns out the new help files don't save with the code commented out..
I'm stuck lol :)

More
26 Jul 2014 08:11 #4967 by Liko

WhiskyTest wrote: As it turns out the new help files don't save with the code commented out..
I'm stuck lol :)

That's odd. Mine save perfectly. Show me the lines you commented out.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhiskyTest

More
27 Jul 2014 01:01 #4968 by WhiskyTest
Replied by WhiskyTest on topic Hedit Crash
Sorry I just tried again - it IS working. I must have been suffering coffee deprivation :)

I tried manually entering duplicate entries for the same keyword - it doesn't crash which is good! It looks like it just grabs the first entry that matches the keyword which is fine with me, but I feel like we're losing a feature someone intended originally.

If you come up with a solution other than commenting out the lines I'd love to see it, otherwise thanks for the assist!

More
05 Aug 2014 22:19 #4976 by Liko

WhiskyTest wrote: Sorry I just tried again - it IS working. I must have been suffering coffee deprivation :)

I tried manually entering duplicate entries for the same keyword - it doesn't crash which is good! It looks like it just grabs the first entry that matches the keyword which is fine with me, but I feel like we're losing a feature someone intended originally.

If you come up with a solution other than commenting out the lines I'd love to see it, otherwise thanks for the assist!

Yeah. I thought it was the duplicate check, but it is not. It seems odd that it would be in their twice, but who knows. I know I asked Thomas in a private PM about it. Maybe he can give more details.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
29 Aug 2014 03:58 #5015 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Hedit Crash
Thanks for the bug report WhiskyTest. Added it github. I can't reproduce the hedit crash though. I created a new help file "old" saved rebooted and repeated as desired. Let me know if you can still reproduce it.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds