Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question AGGR mobs

More
21 Jun 2013 13:56 #3196 by Olan
Replied by Olan on topic AGGR mobs
Yep! With the HELPER flag, the mob don`t attack.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2013 18:46 #3211 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic AGGR mobs
How ever the helper flag does so mob helps other mobs in the room if they are being attacked, so thats a good thing and it shouldnt override aggr.

More
22 Jun 2013 19:03 - 22 Jun 2013 19:11 #3212 by krell
Replied by krell on topic AGGR mobs
AGGR flagged MOBs attack "on sight". HELPER flagged MOBs should only ever, assuming they don't have memory, initiate an attack if another mob is being attacked. If they're flagged AGGR and HELPER and AGGR overrides then the helper MOB would attack players on sight and there would be no point in flagging the MOB as a HELPER.

Does that clear things up?
Last edit: 22 Jun 2013 19:11 by krell. Reason: grammer, etc....

More
11 Aug 2013 18:34 #3778 by Omagasohe
Replied by Omagasohe on topic AGGR mobs
I'd classify this as a bug. HELPER is isn't affected by BLIND. where are AGGR is. so it would be valid to set both. though I'm thinking this is where helper is modified so it might help the player randomly if the mob is blind. think of this situation.

you have a normally aggro mob that's big, say the goblin boss, and 2 smaller mobs called goblin minions that are helper only. so you have your mage cast invis, then blind the boss, so your group attack the minions, the boss that is just aggressive isn't going to help out. so the group gets the helpers down then attacks the boss. but if you blinded the minions they'd still help out the boss.

point is there is a bug in all of that. 3 of them should help out the others, and the boss calls the shots. so he'd be aggro, and helper, and the minions are just helpers. these aren't mutually exclusive terms. i'm gonna add this to my list of gameplay changes. maybe treat aggro as helper in the code, since that mob should be attacking anyway. and helper + aggro is redundant.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds