Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question AGGR mobs

More
30 May 2013 23:12 #2815 by JTP
AGGR mobs was created by JTP
at tbamud im in room 5011 Dracolich is aggr, i dont have nohassle on, and he dont attack, same problem on my test mud. Then again other aggr mobs seems to work and attack me.

Anyone know why aggr only works some times ?

I can even make 2 different mobs and give both excatly the same npc flags, but only 1 attacks, the other dont.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2013 23:50 #2816 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic AGGR mobs
Mob can't see player to attack. Switch into the mob and type look.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTP

More
31 May 2013 06:35 #2821 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic AGGR mobs
Dracolich had detect invis and sense life on, gave it infravision still dont attack

More
31 May 2013 06:43 - 31 May 2013 06:56 #2822 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic AGGR mobs
Wierd tryed remove some of the npc flags, when i removed helper flag he attacked.
Last edit: 31 May 2013 06:56 by JTP.

More
03 Jun 2013 01:55 #2873 by krell
Replied by krell on topic AGGR mobs
Perhaps the HELPER flag overrides the AGGR flag so the MOB won't attack unless it sees the PC attacking another MOB in the same room. From help medit-npc:

12) HELPER The mob will attack any player it sees in the room that is
fighting with a mobile in the room. Useful for groups of
mobiles that travel together; i.e. three snakes in a pit, to
force players to fight all three simultaneously instead of
picking off one at a time.

More
03 Jun 2013 13:46 #2878 by krell
Replied by krell on topic AGGR mobs
I grepped HELPER in my local copy of the code base this (for me) morning. In mobact.c I found this.

Code:
/* Aggressive Mobs */ if (!MOB_FLAGGED(ch, MOB_HELPER) && (!AFF_FLAGGED(ch, AFF_BLIND) || !AFF_FLAGGED(ch, AFF_CHARM))) { found = FALSE; for (vict = world[IN_ROOM(ch)].people; vict && !found; vict = vict->next_in_room) { if (IS_NPC(vict) || !CAN_SEE(ch, vict) || PRF_FLAGGED(vict, PRF_NOHASSLE)) continue; if (MOB_FLAGGED(ch, MOB_WIMPY) && AWAKE(vict)) continue; if (MOB_FLAGGED(ch, MOB_AGGRESSIVE ) || (MOB_FLAGGED(ch, MOB_AGGR_EVIL ) && IS_EVIL(vict)) || (MOB_FLAGGED(ch, MOB_AGGR_NEUTRAL) && IS_NEUTRAL(vict)) || (MOB_FLAGGED(ch, MOB_AGGR_GOOD ) && IS_GOOD(vict))) { /* Can a master successfully control the charmed monster? */ if (aggressive_mob_on_a_leash(ch, ch->master, vict)) continue; hit(ch, vict, TYPE_UNDEFINED); found = TRUE; } } }

So yes, the HELPER flag does override AGGR. That explains the behaviour of the dracolich when the HELPER flag is set.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omagasohe

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds