Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question tbaMUD 3.64 Release Candidate

More
22 Feb 2013 00:51 #1545 by Rumble
I did look at some of those warnings. Some can be deleted, some are meant for logging/debugging.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2013 06:33 - 22 Feb 2013 06:42 #1546 by Speef
Replied by Speef on topic tbaMUD 3.64 Release Candidate
I'll just do a little building and a little mud-playing then, and see if I can break anything. I'll share the patch(es) here if I manage to get something to go kerflooey.

Last time I built a CircleMUD zone, I used vi (in the snow, uphill both ways...and we liked it!). Gonna try this fancy new OasisOLC thingy!
Last edit: 22 Feb 2013 06:42 by Speef.

More
26 Feb 2013 06:36 #1564 by Vatiken
Submitted the Object Events addition tonight, unfortunately with no current examples of use. I had tried to create a weapon throwing skill to utilize the new object events but I just didn't have the time to do it justice so I just scrapped it. After the release I'm gonna try and do up a snippet for projectile weapons using the event system to give people a tutorial on how to work them.

I also submitted a new document tonight which should be located in the doc/ folder, which details how to use the new beta message editor, which is currently usable in the release candidate of tbamud 3.64.

Code:
The Message Editor (BETA): tbaMUD 3.64 WARNING: THE NEW MESSAGE EDITOR WILL ALTER THE EXISTING MESSAGE FILE BY CONVERTING IT TO A MORE EASILY MACHINE READABLE FORMAT WHEN A MESSAGE IS SUCCESSFULLY EDITED. The Message Editor is an OLC style editor for modifying the in-game combat messages. Simply typing "msgedit" will bring up a list of all active in-game combat messages, along with the skill they are associated with, number of entries, and a name (if one exists.) ======================================== Message List: 0 ) [5 ] 1, burning hands 30) [314] 2, Unknown 1 ) [6 ] 1, call lightning 31) [399] 2, Unknown 2 ) [8 ] 1, chill touch 32) [33 ] 1, poison 3 ) [10 ] 1, color spray 33) [202] 1, !UNUSED! 4 ) [22 ] 1, dispel evil 34) [203] 1, !UNUSED! 5 ) [23 ] 1, earthquake 35) [204] 1, !UNUSED! 6 ) [25 ] 1, energy drain 36) [205] 1, !UNUSED! 7 ) [26 ] 1, fireball 37) [206] 1, !UNUSED! ========================================= MSG #, SKILL NUMBER, NUMBER OF ENTRIES, NAME (if applicable) 0 ) [5 ] 1, burning hands To edit a message, use the command "msgedit" along with the entry # of the message you would like to edit. To edit the "burning hands" entry, the correct command would be: > msgedit 0 ========================================== Msg Edit: [0x1] [$n: Attacker | $N: Victim] 1) Action Type: 5 [burning hands] Death Messages: A) CHAR : You have burned $N to death! B) VICT : You have been burned to death by $n! C) ROOM : $n has burned $N to death! Miss Messages: D) CHAR : You miss $N with your burning hands. E) VICT : $n reaches for you with burning hands, but misses! F) ROOM : $n tries to burn $N, but $E escapes! Hit Messages: G) CHAR : You burn $N with your hot little hands! H) VICT : You cry out in pain as $n grabs you with burning hands! I) ROOM : $N cries out as $n burns $M! God Messages: J) CHAR : Your attempt to burn $N nears BLASPHEMY!!! K) VICT : The pitiful creature before you tries to burn you. L) ROOM : Unaware of the risks, $n tries to burn $N. N) New Q) Quit ============================================ To edit a message, simply enter the applicable letter for the line to which you'd like to edit, and an entry prompt will emerge along with an example of use. To edit the A), "char death message", simply type from the message editor: > a ============================================ Enter Selection : a Example: You kill $N! Enter new string : ============================================= Developed by Joseph Arnusch (Vatiken) for use in tbaMUD 3.64.

tbaMUD developer/programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: zusuk, Ornir

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds