Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question CWG, D20 and TBA

More
27 Dec 2012 06:59 #1214 by zusuk
CWG, D20 and TBA was created by zusuk
This message I guess is more aimed at Rumble/Vatiken/etc., but I'd love to hear the communities thoughts.

I started LuminariMUD wayyyy back in the day before any DnD 3.5 had developed yet, and when I restarted her a few months back, I came in with the mindset that I'm developing something somewhat unique. Then I did just a little research after starting, and realized not only are their a handful of DnD3.5/D20 type MUDs, BUT there is even a codebase for it.

In the end I stuck with the TBA codebase because I noticed the CWG community died off. And I also realized the only 'living' MUDs that are influenced by d20/DnD3.5 is Gicker's Star Wars MUD and Forgotten Kingdoms (which is loosely inspired by 3.5 rules). Gicker had developed a fantasy codebase with D20 (on top of CWG) but it is buggy and like CWG, unsupported.

So my question is whether it is possible, since CWG has been abandoned, to start a sub-community here with like-minded people such as myself. I've played around a little bit with the code in CWG and D20; they are similar enough that I feel very comfortable messing with them, and I imagine any experienced TBA coder can offer input and support. Of course vice-versa would be true too.

Maybe host the latest version of CWG/d20 and once my project hits Beta, we can throw that into the mix.

Let me know people's thoughts.

-Zusuk

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2012 00:38 #1215 by Vatiken
Replied by Vatiken on topic Re: CWG, D20 and TBA
I've personally toyed around with CWG Rasputin & Buddha codebases in the past and should be able to assist you if you had issues arise.

tbaMUD developer/programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: zusuk, Nerian

More
28 Dec 2012 13:56 - 28 Dec 2012 13:58 #1219 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Re: CWG, D20 and TBA
Like Vatiken said I am also willing to support. I would ask around to see if other people are interested and read up on subversion on how to create a new branch of TBA. You are welcome to use the tbamud.com website (subversion, joomla, downloads, forums) to share your results.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com
Last edit: 28 Dec 2012 13:58 by Rumble.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nerian

More
29 Dec 2012 19:38 #1222 by zusuk
Replied by zusuk on topic Re: CWG, D20 and TBA
Ahhh that's great!

I guess I'll start reading up on how to start up a new branch of SVN, unless we happen to have any resident experts?

-Zusuk

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port

More
29 Dec 2012 21:14 #1224 by Nerian
Replied by Nerian on topic Re: CWG, D20 and TBA
I am currently building my mud with CWG Doom. So I would definitely be interested in support and helping where I can (not that I'm a coder).

More
30 Dec 2012 10:53 #1226 by zusuk
Replied by zusuk on topic Re: CWG, D20 and TBA
Awesome, In a week or so, after the "holliday season" and people settle back into normal routines, I'll check with the authorities-that-be to see what we can set up.

I know 'Lost Lands' is CWG/DOOM too and running... d20MUD's also running the same codebase, and the coder Gicker is very experienced with the codebase.

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds