Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question CWG, D20 and TBA

More
04 Jan 2013 02:37 #1240 by Nerian
Replied by Nerian on topic Re: CWG, D20 and TBA
If your speaking of Lost Lands on mudconnector that would be my mud

I'm also toying with Gicker's D20 codebase as well as it has some of the features I wanted implemented in it, but it's so different.

And basically I'm not the best coder since I'm still learning, I can't even get the 2 billion vnums to work on it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2013 03:18 #1241 by Maximus
Replied by Maximus on topic Re: CWG, D20 and TBA
Zusuk, I have spent some time over the last several days poking around your site, and have looked at Gicker's stuff before, because what you are doing interests me. I have been debating about going in the D20 direction with my MUD for months now, because I am an avid D&D DM first and for most, and my MUD's players mostly will consist of the guys and gal's from my D&D group. This project was origionaly concieved as a way to recconect with our old D&D group members who have moved away. My idea was to look into running something like Pathfinder on our MUD. Anyway, I definately don't fall into the catagory of "experienced tba coder" but I would love to contribute in any way I can, even if that means just testing and tinkering with things, and providing feedback. I am really good at breaking things too! :p

More
04 Jan 2013 05:00 #1242 by Nerian
Replied by Nerian on topic Re: CWG, D20 and TBA
Ya messing around with Gickers...

it has some awesome features I want, but it has a whole lot of bugs... with the imm commands and all..

so I'm going to try and tackle adding the features from Gickers into my doom mud....I don't expect to succed

at least not by myself

hopefully we can all help each other out.

More
05 Jan 2013 15:49 #1249 by zusuk
Replied by zusuk on topic Re: CWG, D20 and TBA
If you are into Pathfinder, CWG and D20 are definitely doing most of the work for you. The D20 codebase is very buggy, although I'm suppose to be getting a more stable version of it soon.

Also my codebase is similar, I'm basically trying to pull things from CWG, D20 and add them on my work - all on top of the TBA codebase. I haven't done much pulling yet though (all I've taken so far is spellbooks from CWG, and crafting from d20 - which I rewrote), most of the work has been extracting elements from our original Luminari MUD (which was built on circle 3) and also implementing ideas/suggestions from my staff.

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds