Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Modifier/Modification System

More
11 Nov 2012 01:27 - 12 Nov 2012 05:32 #1023 by Liko
Hey guys,

While working on Green Lantern MUD, I'm starting to develop a modification system that will allow you to socket mods into weapons or armor. So far to enable the object to be modifiable you have to set the modify flag on. This will allow the builder to set the minimum of sockets already in use and the maximum sockets the object can have. I have all that currently done, saving and loading correctly. I have created an item type called modifier. Modifier is the actual modification itself. It will allow you to select how many sockets it takes up and what stats it increases.

What I have left to implement before releasing;
[strike]How many sockets are taken up.[/strike]
[strike]Selecting which stats are modified.[/strike]
Adding Mods to the object themselves.
[strike]Mods saving and loading.[/strike]

I will be releasing this as bare-bones. I want people to be able to expand upon it. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what I am doing. I think this will go hand and hand with Vatiken's crafting system.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer
Last edit: 12 Nov 2012 05:32 by Liko. Reason: Updating

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2012 05:33 #1027 by Liko
As you guys can see above, I knocked out a bunch of this tonight. All I have left is to program adding the modifier to the object.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
12 Nov 2012 13:16 #1028 by Gahan
Interesting, sounds neat. I'm looking forward to it. I'm currently in a similar process. I've developed a Vehicle Code from scratch and its working great and fully operational. I've had some interest though from players to be able to have vehicle upgrades, like weapon turrets and such. So I'm working on some code that will allow objects to be "upgraded" with other objects, and stored basically inside other items and viewable from look. Kind of like a new storage code, but without the ability to put/get. This might be something I'll release to TBAMud if there is interest.

More
12 Nov 2012 17:13 #1031 by Liko

Gahan wrote: Interesting, sounds neat. I'm looking forward to it. I'm currently in a similar process. I've developed a Vehicle Code from scratch and its working great and fully operational. I've had some interest though from players to be able to have vehicle upgrades, like weapon turrets and such. So I'm working on some code that will allow objects to be "upgraded" with other objects, and stored basically inside other items and viewable from look. Kind of like a new storage code, but without the ability to put/get. This might be something I'll release to TBAMud if there is interest.

Your vehicle code sounds interesting also. Right now I'm fixing out some small bugs. I stayed up all last night completely finishing it, now I'm ironing out some few things.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds