Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Trigger of the Day - Newbie Equip

More
07 Apr 2013 18:55 #1855 by Fizban

DirtyDevil wrote: If triggers work how I think they do that trigger is doing the following
If a player < level 3 with some equipment then they are given one piece of equipment and are informed they are being given XXX

If the player has no equipment then then the objects are loaded and are loaded direct to the head, body, neck etc... and the only text they will see is "get some clothes on! Here, I will help."

This is correct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2013 19:02 - 07 Apr 2013 19:03 #1856 by DirtyDevil
You could change that trigger as follows
Code:
- %load% obj 50 %actor% light + %load% obj 50 + give generic %actor.name% - %load% obj 51 %actor% rfinger + %load% obj 51 + give generic %actor.name% *etc for each

That would then make the naked player work the same as if they had some eq. They would then have to issue the command wear all. Unsure if that can be done via a trigger. Not used triggers before
Last edit: 07 Apr 2013 19:03 by DirtyDevil. Reason: Spelling

More
07 Apr 2013 19:48 #1857 by Fizban

DirtyDevil wrote: You could change that trigger as follows

Code:
- %load% obj 50 %actor% light + %load% obj 50 + give generic %actor.name% - %load% obj 51 %actor% rfinger + %load% obj 51 + give generic %actor.name% *etc for each

That would then make the naked player work the same as if they had some eq. They would then have to issue the command wear all. Unsure if that can be done via a trigger. Not used triggers before

%force% %actor% wear all

would do that

For the most part (there's obviously exceptions, but they're few and far between) if it can be coded in C, it can probably be scripted. If I really wanted to I could remove classes from the game and replace them with a scripted replacement.

Though on that note, there's certainly a lot o things that "can" be scripted that just simply shouldn't be because it just isn't nearly as practical as a hardcoded option.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds