Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Trigger of the Day - Newbie Equip

More
09 Aug 2012 22:18 #619 by Rumble
Code:
Name: 'Kind Soul 13 - Give Newbie Equipment', VNum: [ 94], RNum: [ 94] Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles Trigger Type: Greet , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: None Commands: * By Rumble of The Builder Academy tbamud.com 9091 * If a player is < level 3 and naked it fully equips them. If < 3 and missing * some equipment it will equip one spot. if %actor.is_pc% && %actor.level% < 3 wait 2 sec if !%actor.eq(*)% say get some clothes on! Here, I will help. %load% obj 50 %actor% light %load% obj 51 %actor% rfinger %load% obj 52 %actor% lfinger %load% obj 53 %actor% neck1 %load% obj 54 %actor% neck2 %load% obj 55 %actor% body %load% obj 56 %actor% head %load% obj 57 %actor% legs %load% obj 58 %actor% feet %load% obj 59 %actor% hands %load% obj 60 %actor% arms %load% obj 61 %actor% shield %load% obj 62 %actor% about %load% obj 63 %actor% waist %load% obj 64 %actor% rwrist %load% obj 65 %actor% lwrist %load% obj 66 %actor% wield %load% obj 67 %actor% hold halt end if !%actor.eq(light)% Say you really shouldn't be wandering these parts without a light source %actor.name%. shake %load% obj 50 give generic %actor.name% halt end if !%actor.eq(rfinger)% || !%actor.eq(lfinger)% Say did you lose one of your rings? sigh %load% obj 51 give generic %actor.name% halt end if !%actor.eq(neck1)% || !%actor.eq(neck2)% Say you lose everything don't you? roll %load% obj 53 give generic %actor.name% halt end if !%actor.eq(body)% say you won't get far without some body armor %actor.name%. %load% obj 55 give generic %actor.name% halt end if !%actor.eq(head)% Say protect that noggin of yours, %actor.name%. %load% obj 56 give generic %actor.name% halt end if !%actor.eq(legs)% Say why do you always lose your pants %actor.name%? %load% obj 57 give generic %actor.name% halt end if !%actor.eq(feet)% Say you can't go around barefoot %actor.name%. %load% obj 58 give generic %actor.name% halt end if !%actor.eq(hands)% Say need some gloves %actor.name%? %load% obj 59 give generic %actor.name% halt end if !%actor.eq(arms)% Say you must be freezing %actor.name%. %load% obj 60 give generic %actor.name% halt end if !%actor.eq(shield)% Say you need one of these to protect yourself %actor.name%. %load% obj 61 give generic %actor.name% halt end if !%actor.eq(about)% Say you are going to catch a cold %actor.name%. %load% obj 62 give generic %actor.name% halt end if !%actor.eq(waist)% Say better use this to hold your pants up %actor.name%. %load% obj 63 give generic %actor.name% halt end if !%actor.eq(rwrist)% || !%actor.eq(lwrist)% Say misplace something? smile %load% obj 65 give generic %actor.name% halt end if !%actor.eq(wield)% Say without a weapon you will be Fido food %actor.name%. %load% obj 66 give generic %actor.name% halt end end
If this was helpful please vote or leave a review for TBA.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2013 15:50 #1835 by Spencer
Ok I put this in and changed the vnum 3's for my mud but it does not show all the say commands, only the first 2. And is there a way to echo that he is giving you the obj because as written a player does not see the mob give the obj to the player.

More
07 Apr 2013 15:51 #1836 by Spencer
BTW...I am running D20mud code..

More
07 Apr 2013 16:23 #1837 by Fizban
It uses the give command, it doesn't load in their inventory, it should certainly be visible that they are being given the item.

More
07 Apr 2013 18:34 #1850 by Spencer
That is why I am confused...

More
07 Apr 2013 18:49 #1854 by DirtyDevil
If triggers work how I think they do that trigger is doing the following
If a player < level 3 with some equipment then they are given one piece of equipment and are informed they are being given XXX

If the player has no equipment then then the objects are loaded and are loaded direct to the head, body, neck etc... and the only text they will see is "get some clothes on! Here, I will help."

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds