Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Guild Guard Trigger

More
23 Jul 2012 00:20 #415 by Liko
Guild Guard Trigger was created by Liko
Hey guys,

Well I wrote a simple dg_script that blocks players from going into the wrong guild.
Code:
#109 Mage Guild Block~ 0 c 100 s~ if %cmd.mudcommand% == south && %actor.is_pc% && %actor.class% != mage && %actor.level% <= 80 * findmob checks if the mob is in the room. if %findmob.148(104)% %echoaround% %actor% As %actor.name% tries to approach mage guild entrace, %self.name% blocks the way. wait 1 sec say You cannot enter the mages guild! end else * If it doesn't match let the command continue. return 0 end ~

As you can see I have it checking for the command south, if the person is a pc, what their class is, and if they are lower than immortal.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2012 00:22 #416 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Re: Guild Guard Trigger
Nice, this is the way I replaced the guild guard special procedures with stock:
Code:
Name: 'Mage Guildguard - 3024', VNum: [ 3000], RNum: [ 800] Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles Trigger Type: Leave , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: None Commands: * Check the direction the player must go to enter the guild. if %direction% == south * Stop them if they are not the appropriate class. if %actor.class% != Magic User return 0 %send% %actor% The guard humiliates you, and blocks your way. %echoaround% %actor% The guard humiliates %actor.name%, and blocks %actor.hisher% way. end end

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
23 Jul 2012 00:26 #417 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic Re: Guild Guard Trigger

Rumble wrote: Nice, this is the way I replaced the guild guard special procedures with stock:

Code:
Name: 'Mage Guildguard - 3024', VNum: [ 3000], RNum: [ 800] Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles Trigger Type: Leave , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: None Commands: * Check the direction the player must go to enter the guild. if %direction% == south * Stop them if they are not the appropriate class. if %actor.class% != Magic User return 0 %send% %actor% The guard humiliates you, and blocks your way. %echoaround% %actor% The guard humiliates %actor.name%, and blocks %actor.hisher% way. end end

Nice. Yours looks more cleaner than mine. At first I had an issue with people being able to go s, so, sou, but I finally got it fixed.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
23 Jul 2012 02:54 #420 by Vatiken
Replied by Vatiken on topic Re: Guild Guard Trigger
Because your (Liko) trigger is called by using the MUD command "south", someone could potentially get around it by moving using an alternative method of moving.. ie: fleeing, or following an NPC.

tbaMUD developer/programmer

More
23 Jul 2012 11:08 #421 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic Re: Guild Guard Trigger

Vatiken wrote: Because your (Liko) trigger is called by using the MUD command "south", someone could potentially get around it by moving using an alternative method of moving.. ie: fleeing, or following an NPC.

Is there a way to catch and stop that from happening?

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
23 Jul 2012 23:31 #425 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Re: Guild Guard Trigger
Not easily, that is why I used a Leave Trigger

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds