Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Bug 95: Trigger 1136 room 1114 - Resolved?

More
30 Jul 2015 22:51 #5478 by krell
Wow, I was just trying to be a smartass. Now I look like a dumbass. LOL!

That's cool to know though. Thanks, thomas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2015 00:36 #5480 by Parnassus
Wow, I thought TBA didn't have a supermob. Thanks for the info, Thomas. Smaug also has this bug where the supermob mimics the room and attacks and sometimes the player auto-retaliates. Then you can find yourself fighting the room. I've seen really strong players fight the room and win! Then the empty corpse of the room is left behind. I don't know what happens if the supermob is needed elsewhere while fighting.

BTW, I added a 1s wait on the TBAmud, just to check it out and I forgot to remove it. I'll try to switch it back when I have more time unless I should leave it. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone tries it and wonders what Krell is talking about since Puff isn't showing right now.

More
31 Jul 2015 03:04 - 31 Jul 2015 03:23 #5482 by krell
Sure enough in src/dg_scripts.h
Code:
/* unless you change this, Puff casts all your dg_spells */ #define DG_CASTER_PROXY 1

Evidently, she only casts spells for dg scripts in her role as supermob.

As an experiment I commented out the wait in trigger 1136, purged Puff from limbo and teleported to room 1103. When I stepped into room 1114 the dart hit me before I entered AND there was Puff! I checked to make sure that she was still purged, she was, but the trigger fired and she still showed up uninvited.

Puff truly is a supermob! :-)
Last edit: 31 Jul 2015 03:23 by krell.

More
31 Jul 2015 21:22 #5485 by Rumble
Good discussion. This should probably be changed from Puff to a hidden mob that serves no other purpose. But I think I'll leave it for now. I updated the trigger with "wait 1 c" for cycle (1/20th a second) and updated HELP WAIT.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds