Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Interesting observation, MOBs, real_abils and OLC

More
15 Feb 2013 10:03 #1512 by Ornir
So I was tracking down some weirdness with the stat command . The ability scores that were displayed looked quite strange to me. Looking at the code, i did not see anything out of the ordinary so I did some testing. this may be unique to my codebase, but I doubt it since we did not mess with real_abils to my knowledge.

If you modify a mob using medit and adjust the attributes it is saved to the mobfile. If you then purge and reset the zone, then stat one of the changed mobs, you will see that the CURRENT attribute is the correct value, while the REAL attribute is the value before you made the change. If you then restore the MOB, the current attribute will revert back to the old value. Performing a reboot or copyover appears to be the only way to adjust the MOB prototype that creates the REAL attributes.

This is just something to keep in mind when testing - Restoring the MOBs can have a significant affect on their behavior if any edits have been made to their stats in the meantime. The safest way to test is to copyover or reset between mob changes.

Hope this helps someone.

-R

Luminari - a Pathfinder/D&D inspired adventure!
www.luminarimud.com
luminarimud.com 4100

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds