Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Best Time to Log On

More
31 Dec 2012 17:21 #1233 by Maximus
Best Time to Log On was created by Maximus
Greetings Fellow MUDers!

I just created a new account on tbaMUD and filled out the builder application. I logged on to tbaMUD and noticed no one was available to give me my first vnum. I totally understand that there can't always be some one available. I am making my MUD pretty much by myself right now, and I can only be on at certain times, so I get it. Is there a certain time of day or day of the week it might be best to try logging on when there might be some staff available? I am very much looking forward to checking out the builders academy.

I have been checking out different codebases to use for my my MUD, and I just stumbled across this one today in a post on MUDBytes. I have played around with coffeemud quite a bit, but it needs more memory to run than I have on my hosting account, so I am looking for alternative options. I have Dawn of Time installed on my host right now, but that has a lot of features already implemented that I'm not sure I wan't to use, and it's a bit overwhelming for a new builder. I think I want to start out learning to build on something a little more bare bones, and that is what lead me here. This seems to meet my needs in terms of memory requirements, and the availability of OLC, among other things. Actually Your docs say 32meg memory to get started, and I have 30, but I think it will work just to get started.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2012 17:28 #1234 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic Re: Best Time to Log On

Maximus wrote: Greetings Fellow MUDers!

I just created a new account on tbaMUD and filled out the builder application. I logged on to tbaMUD and noticed no one was available to give me my first vnum. I totally understand that there can't always be some one available. I am making my MUD pretty much by myself right now, and I can only be on at certain times, so I get it. Is there a certain time of day or day of the week it might be best to try logging on when there might be some staff available? I am very much looking forward to checking out the builders academy.

Right now I'm pretty sure most of them are on vacation. I'm sure once the holidays die down, things will get into full swing again.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
31 Dec 2012 17:50 #1235 by Maximus
Replied by Maximus on topic Re: Best Time to Log On
Sounds good. I hope everyone enjoys their holidays. I've got my bottles of champagne ready for tonight!

More
31 Dec 2012 19:06 #1236 by zusuk
Replied by zusuk on topic Re: Best Time to Log On
Welcome to the community! I settled on TBA as a codebase for similar reasons :)

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
01 Jan 2013 01:06 #1237 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Re: Best Time to Log On
I'm back from vacation, stop by TBA anytime.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds