Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Need some tad help.

More
12 Nov 2012 19:23 #1032 by Liko
Need some tad help. was created by Liko
Well I'm running into a small bug that I can't seem to figure out. When setting the item that is getting the modifier applied to it, it sets the correct amount, but not the correct location(MAX_HIT,MAX_MANA) etc. I know the exact line that is causing it, I'm just stumped at what to put.
Code:
while (*socket_types[i] != '\n') { if(socket_types[a->bonus[i].location]) { /* This is the line. I need to figure this out.*/ apply = i; break; } i++; }

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2012 20:17 #1033 by Gahan
Replied by Gahan on topic Re: Need some tad help.
I'm guessing your socket_types struct and your apply_types struct dont align.

That would be my first suggestion.

For example, if it finds socket_type[4] -> this might be a completely different value than in your apply_types.

Unfortunately because I cant see the entire function I cannot see the issue. Can you either dump the entire function here or email it to me? I'll sort-er out for ya.

More
12 Nov 2012 21:08 #1034 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic Re: Need some tad help.

Gahan wrote: I'm guessing your socket_types struct and your apply_types struct dont align.

That would be my first suggestion.

For example, if it finds socket_type[4] -> this might be a completely different value than in your apply_types.

Unfortunately because I cant see the entire function I cannot see the issue. Can you either dump the entire function here or email it to me? I'll sort-er out for ya.

They are only checking socket_types. I completely programmed it so sockets are a stand-alone. I will post the whole thing
Code:
bool socket_apply(struct obj_data *a, struct obj_data *b) { int i = 0, apply = -1, location = -1, mod = 0, empty = -1; while (*socket_types[i] != '\n') { if(socket_types[a->bonus[i].location]) {/* Just need to figure out this line*/ apply = i; break; } i++; } if (apply == -1) return FALSE; for (i = 0; i < MAX_SOCKET_AFFECT; i++) { if (b->bonus[i].location == apply) { location = i; mod = a->bonus[i].modifier; break; } else if (b->bonus[i].location == SOCKET_NONE && empty == -1) { empty = i; } } /* No slot already using SOCKET_XXX, so use an empty one... if available */ if (location == -1) location = empty; /* There is no slot already using our SOCKET_XXX type, and no empty slots either */ if (location == -1) return FALSE; b->bonus[location].modifier = mod; b->obj_flags.num_sockets += 1; /* Our modifier is set at 0, so lets just clear the SOCKET location so that it may * be reused at a later point */ if (b->bonus[location].modifier != 0) b->bonus[location].location = apply; else b->bonus[location].location = SOCKET_NONE; return TRUE; }

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
12 Nov 2012 21:17 #1035 by Liko
The error it is causing is this:

+10 to None

when it should be

+10 to Max Hit.

Only thing not working correctly is getting the modifiers socket location and applying to the weapon.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
13 Nov 2012 12:00 #1037 by Liko

Liko wrote: The error it is causing is this:

+10 to None

when it should be

+10 to Max Hit.

Only thing not working correctly is getting the modifiers socket location and applying to the weapon.

I have fixed this issue. I wasn't grabbing the modifier's bit location before changing it. So it was always reading 0.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
13 Nov 2012 18:26 #1038 by Gahan
Replied by Gahan on topic Re: Need some tad help.
Sorry I couldnt get to you sooner, trying to fight the flu! Although, glad you figured it out.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds