Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Steps to build with Virtual Studio 2019?

More
30 Jul 2020 22:19 #8817 by Ginn84
Hi there, new coder here looking to run tbamud locally

I have VS2019 downloaded with the Desktop & Gaming development workloads

I have tbaMUD 2020 downloaded

When using the latest README.MSVC8 to start everything up, I get stuck on:

10. In the solution properties dialog box, under Configuration Properties,
select "General"

due to there being no General tab, etc.

Is there a README for VS2019? Any advice would be super helpful, thank you
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2020 22:40 #8818 by Parnassus
I've moved this post from Building to General. I would suggest doing a search to see if your questions have been asked and answered before but because the link is my post, I'll just shortcut this.

Please read this thread to see if there is anything useful in there. It goes on a bit but hopefully this will mean that you can use some of it. I was not using 2019 but chances are that this will work since it's the same problem that I had when I started.

Please let me know if you have problems with it.

More
31 Jul 2020 02:19 - 31 Jul 2020 02:20 #8821 by Ginn84
Thanks Parnassus -- thank you for the reply. I did get a chance to read that post a couple of times, but my two issues are unfortunately still outstanding

Issue 1 - When following the README instructions to compile tbaMUD2020, the property page does not display "General" settings - thus I am unable to complete step 10 and beyond

Issue 2 - With or without the above issue with the property settings of the solution, the "Build" options are grayed out for me and I don't really understand why

My concern here is that the README support doesn't go all the way up to VS2019 aka Community.

I tried downloading VS2008 from Microsoft but their link literally gives you a PowerPoint presentation :D
Last edit: 31 Jul 2020 02:20 by Ginn84.

More
31 Jul 2020 03:36 #8822 by Parnassus
You read the post but didn't follow it? You haven't told me at which point my instructions failed. You've asked for instructions other than the ones in the file. That post has instructions that are not in the file but worked for me. If you're trying to use the file instructions at the same time as my instructions, no, it won't work that way.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds