Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Wonderful to see MUDing hasnt Died.

• delbert
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Apr 2013 03:07 #1881 by delbert
Wonderful to see MUDing hasnt Died. was created by delbert
Just found this community. It is wonderful to see that the art of mudding hasn't died. I currently host and run a MUD that has a shockwave graphical user interface built on top of a customized CircleMud3 code base.

Stop by and check us out, www.battleatlantis.org .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2013 21:13 #1888 by rudeboyrave
wow this is really neat. Ive always wanted to do something like that with circlemud. how long have you been working on it?

CyberASSAULT
www.cyberassault.org
cyberassault.org 11111
A post-apocalyptic, sci-fi MUD.

• delbert
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Apr 2013 22:59 #1889 by delbert
Replied by delbert on topic Wonderful to see MUDing hasnt Died.
This project was started over 10 years ago. Originally developed by 2 other programmers. I was on the project team as a guide. Their lives became too busy to continue the work about 7 years ago and the game went down about 6 years ago. After finally finding and contacting them, they sent me what they had left, and my team I assembled started getting it put back together last January and have had it back up and going for about 8 months. We have approx. 30-40 active players from across the world.

More
11 Apr 2013 02:45 #1901 by Kewlb
I am impressed. You have a decent user base. I tinkered around with creating a graphical front end. I used Microsoft XNA framework and was able to write a small 2d engine that kind of worked but also needed a lot of work. I figure it is going to be hard to get a decent user base on one that doesn't offer some form of graphical interface. That being said, other than taking advantage of some of the new protocol features, I do not plan on doing a graphical interface for mine. I am going to build it with single player to small multi-player in mind.

More
21 Apr 2013 03:29 #1975 by Halenbane
Wonderful Work :D

• delbert
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Apr 2013 14:51 #1976 by delbert
Replied by delbert on topic Wonderful to see MUDing hasnt Died.
Thanks! We are starting development on implementing an html5 interface.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds