Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question World "Re-Factoring"

More
09 Aug 2012 14:27 #614 by zusuk
World "Re-Factoring" was created by zusuk
Lets say I doubled my levels in my game, so I wanted to double all the stats of all the MOBs in the stock world. What would be the easiest way of doing that?

Or for example, I changed the "balance" of the game and I want to cap all my weapons to have 4D4 maximum.

Things of this nature, are they built into stock TBA, or is this something I would have to develop? Any thoughts?

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2012 15:30 #615 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic Re: World "Re-Factoring"

zusuk wrote: Lets say I doubled my levels in my game, so I wanted to double all the stats of all the MOBs in the stock world. What would be the easiest way of doing that?

Or for example, I changed the "balance" of the game and I want to cap all my weapons to have 4D4 maximum.

Things of this nature, are they built into stock TBA, or is this something I would have to develop? Any thoughts?

You can cap your weapons in oasis.h

Honestly if your wanting to do a change like that..I would world wipe and start clean. That is my own opinion.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
09 Aug 2012 16:17 #616 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Re: World "Re-Factoring"
There is no existing solution. But you could either rewrite and check the levels/standards you want via a script/code solution or do it with some fancy client triggers/automation in game. Years ago when I "balanced" tbaMUD I set zmud to edit every existing mob and set the defaults stats by resetting mob level. Both will take some time.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
10 Aug 2012 13:57 #627 by zusuk
Replied by zusuk on topic Re: World "Re-Factoring"
I couldn't imagine writing ZMud triggers to do a whole world. You are a beast :P

Maybe that would be an ideal feature though, considering that most people whom nab up a stock codebase are about to mess around with the game mechanics one way or another.

I have no objections with having to wipe the world clean. Although it sure would be tragic if I couldn't refine my game mechanics with a stock world, that way any player testers I had would have a world to explore.

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
10 Aug 2012 14:21 #628 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic Re: World "Re-Factoring"

zusuk wrote: I couldn't imagine writing ZMud triggers to do a whole world. You are a beast :P

Maybe that would be an ideal feature though, considering that most people whom nab up a stock codebase are about to mess around with the game mechanics one way or another.

I have no objections with having to wipe the world clean. Although it sure would be tragic if I couldn't refine my game mechanics with a stock world, that way any player testers I had would have a world to explore.

If you do decided to wipe keep 0.zon, and all 0 stuff. It has great examples and everything.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
10 Aug 2012 16:20 #632 by Halenbane
Replied by Halenbane on topic Re: World "Re-Factoring"
Yeah, agreed. I kept 0 & 12. And temporarily 30,31,32 for Midgaard just as a place holder. But once the new zones go in, Midgaard is no more :D

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds