Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Trigger Error Oddities

More
08 Sep 2018 11:49 #8200 by Chime
Trigger Error Oddities was created by Chime
Something strange is happening with this trigger. It works, but a series of errors pop up for case 1. It happens right after the first send actor, "You chip away pieces of rock little by little."

Thus far they've been all over the place, and none of them are related to the object or trigger as far as I can tell. None of the objects involved have any triggers on them beyond the raw cut gem, and that one only has this trigger.

Error examples, bearing in mind nothing has been changed about the trigger from error to error:
Code:
[ Obj (a polished gemstone with flawed facets and a clouded colour, VNum 32604):: Unknown object cmd: 'actore irreparably, ruining it.' ] [ Obj (a polished gemstone with flawed facets and a clouded colour, VNum 32604):: Unknown object cmd: 'actorrunk starting to sink faster.' ] [ Obj (a polished gemstone with flawed facets and a clouded colour, VNum 32604):: Unknown object cmd: 'actor' ] [ Obj (a polished gemstone with flawed facets and a clouded colour, VNum 32604):: Unknown object cmd: 'actor on the floor.' ] [ Obj (a polished gemstone with flawed facets and a clouded colour, VNum 32604):: Unknown object cmd: 'actor eyes turning to face you.' ]

The trigger:
Code:
* Chime of Aeternum, using tstat 48 template by Rumble of tbaMUD * Polish a polluted gemstone if %actor.inventory(32609)% && %actor.inventory(32600)% * Transform 32600, but leave 32609 since it's the tool. * lets make it a 50/50 chance of working. switch %random.2% case 1 %transform% 32604 %send% %actor% You chip away pieces of rock little by little. %echoaround% %actor% %actor.name% chips away pieces of rock from %actor.hisher% rough gemstone. wait 3 s %send %actor% You buff the gemstone's surface until it gleams. %echoaround% %actor% %actor.name% buffs the gemstone until it gleams. break default %transform% 32610 %send% %actor% A large piece breaks off while chipping the rock away. %echoaround% %actor% %actor.name% breaks a large piece of %actor.hisher% rock away. wait 3 s %send% %actor% The gemstone cracks, ruining it. %echoaround% %actor% %actor.name% cracks %actor.hisher% gemstone irreparably, ruining it. break done detach 1386 %self.id% else %send% %actor% You need a buffing cloth and raw gemstone. end

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2018 15:37 #8217 by Parnassus
Replied by Parnassus on topic Trigger Error Oddities
I somehow missed the part where you said they're all over the place but I see that now. It reminds me of how my park gets errors because rooms from other zones go walking through, ie. makes no sense at all.

The only thought that comes to my mind is: Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in? In other words, I'd save the trigger, turn the mud off, wait a few minutes and turn it back on.

More
11 Oct 2018 08:19 #8222 by Chime
Replied by Chime on topic Trigger Error Oddities
Weird, right? I'll give the unplugging/replugging a shot.

It doesn't really seem to break anything at least!

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds