Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Targeted RP Emotes Snippet

More
20 Jun 2018 19:35 - 20 Jun 2018 19:37 #8116 by Chime
File is attached.
Code:
OPTIONAL HELPFILE: Usage: emote <message with or without tokens> Emotes describe what your character is doing in present tense, as well as what they say aloud. They do not address what your character is thinking or feeling, though including information about facial expressions, tone of voice, or otherwise describing what might be noticed is encouraged. Our emote command combines many of the commands on other games, such as @emit, rpose, rpecho, or echo. Your character, other players, clothing, or items can be targeting using emote tokens, such as @, *, or /. In the examples below, my character's intro is "a poised blonde": Example 1: emote lifts her hand and wiggles the fingers. A poised blonde lifts her hand and wiggles the fingers. Example 2: emote With a faint smile, @ turns and walks away. With a faint smile, a poised blonde turns and walks away. Exmaple 3: emote Laughing gaily, @ throws a pillow at /Maker. Laughing gaily, a poised blonde throws a pillow at a bearded man. Example 4: emote tugs upon the sleeve of *gown. A posed blonde tugs upon the sleeve of a flowing indigo gown. EMOTE TARGETING CODES SYMBOL: YOU & OTHERS SEE: /<name> <intro/short desc of target> /<name>'s <intro/short desc of target>'s @ <your intro/short desc> *<equipped or carried obj> <obj sdesc with color>
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jun 2018 19:37 by Chime.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lacrc, Kinther

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2018 23:24 #8235 by Kinther
Replied by Kinther on topic Targeted RP Emotes Snippet
Hi Chime,

Great stuff. I am tweaking some of this to add some additional functionality like targeting items in rooms with the token *.

I am curious though how we might be able to alter the / token so that the victim of the emote sees "you" instead of their name in the echo. Based on my playing around with snprintf it doesn't look like it is possible to send an echo to the victim, the room, and the originating character. The act(*, *, *, *, *) function potentially could but I am unsure about passing the formatted string buffers you create here to it.

Any thoughts?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds