Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Baseline RPE/RPI Emotes (Work in Progress!)

More
22 Mar 2018 21:37 #7758 by Chime
This was yanked out of Dawn of Time and adapted to the point that it cleanly compiles. It's gone through some cursory in-game testing to ensure the command works as intended, and it seems to! As of now it allows for an RPECHO command that can be used to emote normally (user's name at the beginning), to target other players with emotes using symbols embedded in the text (by name), or to insert your own identifier into the text (name).

I'm reasonably positive it's buggy as all get out, but I'll keep updating as I go through it and expand, etc. My next step is adapting so shortdesc keywords can be targeted instead of names, and display is tailored accordingly based on sender, victim, room (sender sees victim's shortdesc, victim sees their name, room sees shortdesc of sender and victim).

Examples!

Normal emote:
rpecho does a little dance.
Chime does a little dance.

Targeted emote:
emote Tester Dancing around, * twirls @'s hand.
Dancing around, Chime twirls Tester's hand.

Free-text emote
rpecho This is an emote that * is writing.
This is an emote that Chime is writing.

Extremely happy to receive criticisms or corrections/fixes, or ideas on how to approach the shortdesc update.

Attachment RPEcho.txt not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2018 22:44 #7759 by Chime
Because I totally forgot this part in the attachment, you'll have to comment out the do_emote sub-command in interpreter.c and add the one for do_rpecho.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds