Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Can I create a conditional based on the mob's position?

More
28 Oct 2017 21:27 #7039 by Banlock
I'm trying to write a greet and random tigger that does different things depending on the position of the mob. It seems like I ought to be using something like:
Code:
if %self.pos% == Sleeping || Resting || Sitting

But this always returns true, even on a mob where 'stat' says that it is standing. So looking at this section:
Code:
%asound% Mobile-Random-Triggered if %self.pos% == Sleeping || Resting || Sitting * Things to do if not active (this guy shouldn't sleep) %asound% Sleeping-Resting-Sitting break elseif %self.pos% == Standing * Things to do if in normal position ...

I always see:
Code:
Mobile-Random-Triggered Sleeping-Resting-Sitting

Am I using this wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2017 16:46 #7041 by Banlock
Okay, I have to be doing something dumb, I'm just blind to it.

Here is the second version of the whole trigger, with all of the debugging stuff I added:
Code:
* Mobile Random - Little mouse droid actions and sounds, based on position * Positions: Sleeping, Resting, Sitting, Fighting, Standing %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - The Mobile Random Trigger %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - My position is %self.pos% if %self.pos(Standing)% * Things to do if in normal position %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - Standing conditional switch %random.4% case 1 %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - Standing Case 1 emote is rolling slowly backward, whistling something complicated. break case 2 %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - Standing Case 2 emote is zipping around the room, as if looking for something. break case 3 %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - Standing Case 3 emote is silently rolling across the room. break case 4 %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - Standing Case 4 emote is beeping and whistling quietly as it rolls across the room. break default %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - Standing Default emote is still and softly whistling and beeping. break done elseif %self.pos(Fighting)% %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - Fighting conditional switch %random.4% case 1 %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - Fighting Case 1 emote is flicking it's tiny, sharp probe arm as it tries to attack. break case 2 %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - Fighting Case 2 emote is whistling shrilly as it tries to defend itself. break case 3 %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - Fighting Case 3 %zoneecho% %self.vnum% A droid alarm call bleets out. break case 4 %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - Fighting Case 4 * Do nothing break default %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - Fighting Default * Do nothing break done else * Things to do if not active (this guy shouldn't sleep) %zoneecho% %self.vnum% MRT - default conditional break end

At first, that seemed fine. Letting the mouse loose in the zone I saw the standing messages I expected like:
Code:
MRT - The Mobile Random Trigger MRT - My position is Standing MRT - Standing conditional MRT - Standing Case 4

So I sent in a first level character to fight the droid, to test the fighting position messages, but I got this:
Code:
21H 100M 83V > kill mouse The little mouse droid ducks under your fist as you try to hit it. 21H 100M 83V > The little mouse droid misses you with its sting! You tickle the little mouse droid as you hit it. 21H 100M 83V > MRT - The Mobile Random Trigger MRT - My position is Fighting MRT - Standing conditional MRT - Standing Case 1 The little mouse droid is rolling slowly backward, whistling something complicated. The little mouse droid misses you with its sting! You try to hit the little mouse droid who easily avoids the blow.

So obviously I'm doing something really dumb here that is fouling up my conditional statements, but I've gotten frustrated so it is hard to see what I've done.

More
29 Oct 2017 21:36 #7044 by thomas
Code:
if %self.pos% == Sleeping || Resting || Sitting
should be
Code:
if %self.pos% == Sleeping || %self.pos% == Resting || %self.pos% == Sitting

More
29 Oct 2017 21:47 #7045 by Banlock
Thanks, I should have seen from the examples that wouldn't work.

If you don't mind, In the second version I posted, what is my construction of "if %self.pos(Standing)%" doing?

More
30 Oct 2017 21:45 #7050 by thomas
the subfield is used for setting the field, generally. Also in this case:
Code:
/* Thanks to Christian Ejlertsen for this idea And to Ken Ray for speeding the implementation up :)*/ if (!str_cmp(field, "pos")) { if (subfield && *subfield) { for (i = POS_SLEEPING; i <= POS_STANDING; i++) { /* allows : Sleeping, Resting, Sitting, Fighting, Standing */ if (!strn_cmp(subfield, position_types[i], strlen(subfield))) { GET_POS(c) = i; break; } } } snprintf(str, slen, "%s", position_types[GET_POS(c)]); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: Banlock

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds