Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Circle Mount patch to tba

More
15 Dec 2018 17:01 #8276 by Sascha
Replied by Sascha on topic Circle Mount patch to tba
That sounds like quite the desirable upgrade especially with combat assist. Care to share your snippet?

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2018 04:37 #8277 by Sascha
So I've been playing with this and I've run into a few glitches. For example, the way the code is written mortals can't ride but immortals can, and by reversing that sign the mortals can but immortals can't. (shrug)

The mounts don't seem to lose moves at all. They have infinite moves? Anyone else run into that?

Mounts can go on any/every sector type. That puts my teeth on edge. For example, riding a horse into Inside/Indoors, onto Water (No Swim), etc. is such a glaring anomaly - then again if it was a seahorse it would make sense for it to go through Water (No Swim) but not Inside/Indoors, right?

For the latter I'm wondering if anyone has modified this snipped to also address where a mount can go? I was thinking that having the MOB_MOUNTABLE flag is the stepping stone to MOB_MOUNTABLE_AIR, MOB_MOUNTABLE_WATER, MOB_MOUNTABLE_LAND and have that correlate to sector types. For example a horse might be flagged MOB_MOUNTABLE_LAND which means it could only travel on sector types like field, city, etc. A seahorse might be MOB_MOUNTABLE_WATER so that it can only travel Water (Swim) and Water (No Swim). An eagle might be flagged both AIR and LAND, but not WATER (ie, being able to flag a mob multiple ways). I also think a mount should not be able to be ridden into a building...

Has anyone else thought about these things, or made modifications to accommodate those types of checks, balances and enhancements?

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

More
16 Dec 2018 04:58 #8278 by Sascha
I've been thinking about this and it's probably way too simple but I put this around line 245 in act.movement.c. It's taken care of at least the riding a mount from outdoors to indoors.

/* Room Type Limits: Can you go in there? */
if (RIDING(ch) && ROOM_FLAGGED(going_to, ROOM_INDOORS)) {
send_to_char(ch, "Ride inside? I don't think so.\r\n");
return (0);
}

I would still be very interested in being able to have this modified to allow for different mount types in different room sectors, but for me, this baby step was huge... :p

More
16 Dec 2018 05:23 #8279 by Treblin
Replied by Treblin on topic Circle Mount patch to tba
In regards to the movement, yes the mounts have unlimited movement, this works for me and I didn't alter this at all. As far as the sector type restrictions these are indeed checks i have added as well. You're in the right spot and on the right track. I check the sector type and then to see if the mob is affected by water breathing, water walking, flight (your mud may have different spells or sector types to check) and then allow/disallow movement.

On a side note I am out of town on business and then traveling for the holidays. I will not have time to put together my version of the mount code to share until after the new year. I'm confident you will find this easy enough though on your own. :)

More
16 Dec 2018 05:38 #8280 by Sascha
Thanks so much. :) I would be happy to wait until you're back so I can see what you did, honestly. I'll be tinkering with it but I'm such a novice at the code side of things that my confidence level is very, very low. I learn best by example and then reverse engineering which is why I ask so many questions... LOL!

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds