Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Eavesdrop Snippet Bug

More
06 Jun 2013 20:17 #2919 by Papaya Pete
So while working on building, I decided to take a look at the send_to_room function... and found out why I was having issues with getting (NULL). The eavesdrop snippet changes send_to_room in a way that renders it unable to use variables!

So, if you've put in the eavesdrop snippet, here is the fix for that bug. Open up comm.c, and the send_to_room function should look like this...
Code:
void send_to_room(room_rnum room, const char *messg, ...) { struct char_data *i; char buf[MAX_STRING_LENGTH]; va_list args; if (messg) { for (i = world[room].people; i; i = i->next_in_room) { if (!i->desc) continue; va_start(args, messg); vwrite_to_output(i->desc, messg, args); va_end(args); } for (i = world[room].listening; i; i = i->next_listener) if (i->desc) { /* the ------'s are used to differentiate eavesdropped stuff from * the stuff that is happening in the same room as the char.. * looks like: * ------- * john dropped a sword * ------ */ sprintf(buf, "----------\r\n%s----------\r\n", messg); write_to_output(i->desc, buf); } } }

Sorry about not catching that, and I have to apologize to Cygwin for blaming it for what is clearly my mistake. :P

Hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds