Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Disarm Snippet (just one snag)

More
04 May 2013 16:42 #2102 by Papaya Pete
I've been working on putting in this snippet for Disarm. I got it to work, save for one detail, which has to deal with the very last step. Here's the original txt.

Note: you'll need to add dual-wield in order for this to work as is.
Code:
Shockingly, there's no snippet for a disarm skill. Well, there sort of is with in the contrib/code/mobiles/classprocs.txt on the ftp site, but obviously that's for mobs and requires some reworking for players. So, here's my disarm skill, loosely based upon the above mentioned snippet. It's tested and should work fine. You should credit BoxBoy <baez@as-if.com> (author of the classprocs.txt) as well as myself (Ed Glamkowski <eglamkowski@angelfire.com>) if you use it. Thanks :-) I assume you know how to add a new skill, so here's the core of the skill itself (for version 3.1): ACMD(do_disarm) { int goal, roll; char arg[MAX_INPUT_LENGTH]; struct obj_data *weap; struct char_data *vict; int success = FALSE; if (IS_NPC(ch) || !GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_DISARM)) { send_to_char(ch, "You have no idea how.\r\n"); return; } if (ROOM_FLAGGED(IN_ROOM(ch), ROOM_PEACEFUL)) { send_to_char(ch, "This room just has such a peaceful, easy feeling...\r\n"); return; } one_argument(argument, arg); if (!(vict = get_char_vis(ch, arg, NULL, FIND_CHAR_ROOM))) { if (FIGHTING(ch) && IN_ROOM(ch) == IN_ROOM(FIGHTING(ch))) vict = FIGHTING(ch); else { send_to_char(ch, "Disarm who?\r\n"); return; } } if (vict == ch) { send_to_char(ch, "Try REMOVE and DROP instead...\r\n"); return; } weap = GET_EQ(vict, WEAR_WIELD); if (!weap) { send_to_char(ch, "But your opponent is not wielding a weapon!\r\n"); return; } goal = GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_DISARM) / 3; /* Lots o' modifiers: */ roll = rand_number(0, 101); roll -= GET_DEX(ch); /* Improve odds */ roll += GET_DEX(vict); /* Degrade odds */ roll -= GET_LEVEL(ch); roll += GET_LEVEL(vict); roll += GET_OBJ_WEIGHT(weap); if (IS_IMMORT(vict)) /* No disarming an immort. */ roll = 1000; if (IS_IMMORT(ch)) /* But immorts never fail! */ roll = -1000; if (roll <= goal) { success = TRUE; if ((weap = GET_EQ(vict, WEAR_DWIELD))) { if (IS_NPC(vict)) LOST_WEAPON(vict) = weap; act("You disarm $p from $N's off-hand!", FALSE, ch, weap, vict, TO_CHAR); act("$n disarms $p from your off-hand!", FALSE, ch, weap, vict, TO_VICT); act("$n disarms $p from $N's off-hand!", FALSE, ch, weap, vict, TO_NOTVICT); obj_to_room(unequip_char(vict, WEAR_DWIELD), IN_ROOM(vict)); } else if ((weap = GET_EQ(vict, WEAR_WIELD))) { if (IS_NPC(vict)) LOST_WEAPON(vict) = weap; act("You disarm $p from $N's hand!", FALSE, ch, weap, vict, TO_CHAR); act("$n disarms $p from your hand!", FALSE, ch, weap, vict, TO_VICT); act("$n disarms $p from $N's hand!", FALSE, ch, weap, vict, TO_NOTVICT); obj_to_room(unequip_char(vict, WEAR_WIELD), IN_ROOM(vict)); } else { log("SYSERR: do_disarm(), should have a weapon to be disarmed, but lost it!"); } } else { act("You fail to disarm $N.", FALSE, ch, weap, vict, TO_CHAR); act("$n fails to disarm you.", FALSE, ch, weap, vict, TO_VICT); act("$n fails to disarm $N.", FALSE, ch, weap, vict, TO_NOTVICT); } if (!IS_IMMORT(ch)) WAIT_STATE(ch, PULSE_VIOLENCE); if (success && IS_NPC(vict)) set_fighting(ch, vict); } Note that you will need to add some stuff so that mobs can pick up and re-wield their weapons (it takes a few seconds for them to do this, so the players do get some benefit from disarming, but mobs shouldn't be so dumb as to ignore the fact that they just got disarmed...). So, go into structs.h and in struct mob_special_data, add: struct obj_data *lost_weapon; /* Weapon that was just disarmed */ in utils.h, after #define MEMORY(ch), add: #define LOST_WEAPON(ch) ((ch)->mob_specials.lost_weapon) in db.c, in parse_simple_mob(), add: mob_proto[i].mob_specials.lost_weapon = NULL; in fight.c, in perform_violence(), add: if (LOST_WEAPON(ch)) { if (IN_ROOM(LOST_WEAPON(ch)) == IN_ROOM(ch)) { if (perform_get_from_room(ch, LOST_WEAPON(ch))) do_wield(ch, OBJN(LOST_WEAPON(ch), ch), 0, 0); } LOST_WEAPON(ch) = NULL; }

The problem comes up when trying to compile fight.c, that little bit of code that's supposed to have the mob rewield its weapon. The error that comes up is " undefined reference to `_perform_get_from_room". So the fight.c file is not seeing the perform_get_from_room function for some reason. It already has #include "act.h", of course, and act.item.c is where perform_get_from_room is defined. I noticed it wasn't shared in act.h, but when I tried doing that it just gave a whole lot of warnings and fight.c still can't access perform_get_from_room. Any leads on how to troubleshoot this next?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2013 17:05 - 04 May 2013 17:05 #2103 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic Disarm Snippet (just one snag)
Dunno why it doesnt work, but i would not have the weapon drop in room, so if the mob is a tough mob and people want the weapon, they can disarm it and take it without killing the mob and then flee, unless you get the mob to pick it up real quick. Else disarm it into inventory.
Last edit: 04 May 2013 17:05 by JTP.

More
04 May 2013 20:41 #2105 by Papaya Pete
Actually, you're absolutely right. I tested it again just to make sure, and the weapon the mob was wielding ends up on the ground. I'll see if I can figure out how to put it in the wielder's inventory instead.

Doing that might actually fix the perform_get_from_room issue, seeing as it won't be used anymore. I'll keep you posted.

More
05 May 2013 02:10 - 05 May 2013 04:10 #2110 by Kewlb
Yeah.. I don't like the fact this is adding to mobile struct for lost weapon, setting it, just to have the NPC find the weapon again. It would be better to just de-facto have NPC's look around for weapons to use and equip them when they can.

I am a fan of disarm going straight to inventory. to do this I would just unequip_char and then obj_to_inventory/obj_to_char cant remember exact name of it off the top of my head and I am not next to my code at the moment.

Update.. looked at my code.. all you should have to do is this:

obj_to_char(unequip_char(ch, WEAR_WIELD), ch);
Last edit: 05 May 2013 04:10 by Kewlb.

More
09 May 2013 06:31 #2190 by Papaya Pete
Yes, that did the trick. The problem was that it would rewield the weapon in the next pulse, which gave the disarmer no benefit.

Managed to fix that, so now disarm works. It's been uploaded: try it and enjoy! And thanks so much for the help! :)

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds