Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Questions on zone completeness/balance in tbaMUD 2020

More
24 Jan 2022 03:10 #9992 by jandulio
A couple questions related zone completeness that I really haven't found any docs for.  I DO NOT want to get rid of the stock Midgaard zone.

1) Are all of the zones in the 2020 download pretty much tested and ready to go?  If so, are they "balanced" a bit for the 4 stock classes that it comes with?
2) What is easiest way to find the entry room into each of the zones?  Is it generally the first room in a zone file?  I know I can use my imm to run around, etc. but I was hoping for a "quicker" way to see what they are like to not only possibly use/modify, but also learn.
3) Is there a list of the zones/levels somewhere to be found?  Or will I need to open every zone's mob, item files and figure stuff out?  The zone "secrets" would be helpful too if possible (keys, portals, secret words for mobs, etc.).

With those questions asked, I DO plan on adding/removing/modifying zones before I publish my Mud.  I'm just worried that I won't know how to "solve" the zones that I do end up using (which I hope are a lot of them).

Thanks all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2022 23:48 #9994 by thomas
1 The zones in the download are _done_. I would not expect them to be balanced.
2 Almost all of the new zones have a "description room" at the first number. So "go 10600" will show you this:
Code:
Elcardo Zone Description Room~ Builder : Daiko Zone : 106 Elcardo Began : 1999 Player Level : 7-14 Rooms : 58 Mobs : 23 Objects : 41 Shops : 5 Triggers : 1 Theme : Elcardo, a small city, where the mayor has become ill. Suncas rebels are trying to take over the town. Their leader is sujin suncas. Notes : Since the mayor of elcardo is very sick the citizens are not being looked after as they should, many rebel and start their own little groups within the city. Zone: 106 was linked to the following zones: 200 Western Highway at 10609 (south) ---> 20025 175 The Cardinal Wizards at 10613 (east ) ---> 17525 125 Hannah at 10657 (north) ---> 12500
3 A lot of the zones have detailed descriptions, but you'll probably want to at least skim the files before connecting them.

Remember, as an immortal (and especially as an Imp), you have access to "stat room", "tstat" and similar commands, letting you quickly check any keywords, etc.

More
25 Jan 2022 00:50 #9995 by jandulio
Thanks so much for the info. I will try using those functions and see how it goes. There are SO many files my head is spinning lol.

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds