Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Wierd crash - Need help to locate the problem from this GDB info

More
07 Apr 2018 15:09 #7890 by thomas
Yes, just created a pull request for that, too:

github.com/tbamud/tbamud/pull/48/commits...5a8d86178dd23287c789

I also double-checked that oteleport and wteleport are correct. This is a long-standing bug. Nice that you could help make it go away :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lacrc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2018 15:19 #7891 by JTP
My pleasure, bug hunter :)

Im best at finding bugs, not so good at fixing them :

So was oteleport and wteleport ok ?

More
07 Apr 2018 17:40 #7894 by Parnassus
Is it possible that the code is going wrong because of the way the trigger is written? I think I'd have written it like this:
Code:
Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles Trigger Type: Greet-All , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: None Commands: + wait 1 sec if %actor.class% != Thief - wait 1 sec %send% %actor% %self.name% ... %echoaround% %actor% %self.name% ... %actor.name% ... - wait 1 sec %asound% %actor.name% ... %teleport% %actor% 2311 + wait 1 sec %force% %actor% look else - wait 1 sec emote ... say bla bla end

This gives much less time for movement although it's still possible. If this works, it might explain why the teleport crashes seem so random. My way would crash infrequently, the original way would crash sometimes, and it would never always crash.

Of course, finding the reason and fixing it beats lucky or unlucky triggers any time :)

More
08 Apr 2018 07:48 #7896 by thomas
No, not really. In practice, you'd still have the first wait giving the player a chance to log off.

The fix will make sure it works both ways, though :)

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds