Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Ideas for traps/detecting/removing

More
23 Jul 2017 00:25 #6807 by JTP
I also tried to add it when looking in a direction...works when there is a direction. But If there is only an exit South, and i try to look north. Game crashes. See attached file for that code, and see If you Can see why i crash.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2017 07:08 #6808 by JTP
Backtrace file
Attachments:

More
30 Jul 2017 21:21 #6809 by thomas
The crash happens because going_to is never checked for validity before bring used.

First off, move the initialization beneath the first if statement. Then add "going_to != NOWHERE &&" at the beginning of the trap check.

More
31 Jul 2017 06:05 #6810 by zusuk
Just noticed you have your parenthesis a little off in that code....
Code:
case ITEM_TRAP: if (GET_OBJ_TYPE(obj) == ITEM_TRAP && GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_SENSE_TRAP > 0)) { send_to_char(ch, "You sense a trap."); } else send_to_char(ch, "You see nothing special.."); break;

You probably want this?
Code:
GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_SENSE_TRAP) > 0

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
31 Jul 2017 10:29 #6811 by JTP
Tried what you said Thomas, got a bunch of errors.
Code:
static void look_in_direction(struct char_data *ch, int dir) { if (EXIT(ch, dir)) { room_rnum going_to != NOWHERE && EXIT(ch, dir)->to_room; if (EXIT(ch, dir)->general_description) send_to_char(ch, "%s", EXIT(ch, dir)->general_description); if (EXIT_FLAGGED(EXIT(ch, dir), EX_CLOSED) && EXIT(ch, dir)->keyword) send_to_char(ch, "The %s is closed.\r\n", fname(EXIT(ch, dir)->keyword)); else if (EXIT_FLAGGED(EXIT(ch, dir), EX_ISDOOR) && EXIT(ch, dir)->keyword) send_to_char(ch, "The %s is open.\r\n", fname(EXIT(ch, dir)->keyword)); else if (ROOM_FLAGGED(going_to, ROOM_DEATH) && GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_SENSE_TRAP) > 95) send_to_char(ch, "You sense that a trap might be there.\r\n"); } else send_to_char(ch, "Nothing special there...\r\n"); }

act.informative.c: In function ‘look_in_direction’:
act.informative.c:619: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘!=’ token
act.informative.c:619: error: expected expression before ‘!=’ token
act.informative.c:629: error: ‘going_to’ undeclared (first use in this function)
act.informative.c:629: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
act.informative.c:629: error: for each function it appears in.)

More
31 Jul 2017 12:21 #6812 by thomas
I'm afraid my communcation was lacking - it obviously wasn't clear enough.
What I mean was:
Code:
static void look_in_direction(struct char_data *ch, int dir) { if (EXIT(ch, dir)) { room_rnum going_to = EXIT(ch, dir)->to_room; if (EXIT(ch, dir)->general_description) send_to_char(ch, "%s", EXIT(ch, dir)->general_description); if (EXIT_FLAGGED(EXIT(ch, dir), EX_CLOSED) && EXIT(ch, dir)->keyword) send_to_char(ch, "The %s is closed.\r\n", fname(EXIT(ch, dir)->keyword)); else if (EXIT_FLAGGED(EXIT(ch, dir), EX_ISDOOR) && EXIT(ch, dir)->keyword) send_to_char(ch, "The %s is open.\r\n", fname(EXIT(ch, dir)->keyword)); else if (going_to != NOWHERE && ROOM_FLAGGED(going_to, ROOM_DEATH) && GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_SENSE_TRAP) > 95) send_to_char(ch, "You sense that a trap might be there.\r\n"); } else send_to_char(ch, "Nothing special there...\r\n"); }
Note - it is WAY easier to answer this post because the code was pasted there, than it was when it was an image.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds