Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question simple_list resets itself

More
28 Dec 2016 22:19 #6480 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic AFF FLYING
I havent added anything to simple_list or added additional usage of lists. I only have what was in the the code.

So i have no idea, what command causes it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2017 21:19 #6492 by JTP
Anyone with an idea why simple_list resets itself ? Seems it has something todo with the Group system...atleast my best guess..

tba 3.64

More
02 Jan 2017 21:52 #6493 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic AFF FLYING
It happens if two places in the code uses simple_list within each other because the simple_list holds internal state. In such cases, one should use the iterator solution instead (have a look in simple_list() in lists.c for how it's done).

Apparently it doesn't happen often - you will always have two hits close to each other (one when the outer loop is surpassed by the inner, and one when the inner loop is done).

I don't think it is related to your crashes.

However, if you really want to find out what's happening (and who doesn't ;) you can get some debugging info by dumping core when it happens:
Code:
if (!loop || pLastList != pList) { - if (loop && pLastList != pList) + if (loop && pLastList != pList) { mudlog(CMP, LVL_GRGOD, TRUE, "SYSERR: simple_list() forced to reset itself."); + core_dump(); + } pContent = merge_iterator(&Iterator, pList);
This will give you a core dump to let you see a backtrace.

More
02 Jan 2017 21:56 - 02 Jan 2017 22:10 #6494 by JTP
Nope it doesnt seem to crash anything, just appears in log some times 2-3 times, other times maybe 7-8 times.

And most of what i can grep that uses simple_list is Group related.

Also Thomas did you have any ideas on what im missing in 3.64 with those crashes where i posted core info ?
Last edit: 02 Jan 2017 22:10 by JTP.

More
03 Jan 2017 20:21 #6497 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic AFF FLYING
Many things have changed. See here for the full list:

github.com/tbamud/tbamud/compare/238a6d1...801bf118029...master

More
04 Jan 2017 21:24 #6499 by JTP
Nothing seems to have enything to do with group like my greb search further up this thread. So maybe it isnt fixed, anyone try fiddle around with a 3-4 characters in a group for a few hours. And see if logs show reset after reboot.

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds