Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Track vs hidden door

More
28 Nov 2016 16:15 - 28 Nov 2016 16:33 #6323 by JTP
Track vs hidden door was created by JTP
Hi

isnt track meant to be able to track through hidden doors ?

It doesnt seem to Work for me. I have track through doors on, or what is needed, i would like ranger to be able to do it atleast ?
Last edit: 28 Nov 2016 16:33 by JTP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2016 22:42 #6325 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic Track vs hidden door
It should work - there's nothing in graph.c checking for whether the door is hidden.

github.com/tbamud/tbamud/blob/2f12752373...f8a4/src/graph.c#L51

More
28 Nov 2016 22:50 #6326 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic Track vs hidden door
Strange i can stand right outside the closed hidden door, and the mob im trying to track is Down then East of it...yet track keeps sending me to a mob in a connected zone to the one im in.

More
28 Nov 2016 22:58 #6327 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic Track vs hidden door
When you track, the algorithm marks the rooms it has gone to with a roomflag (BFS_MARK). This should apear in "stat room" as a "*" in the roomflags. Check that in the rooms between the one you're in and the expected target.

Another thing that might be your problem is that you're tracking something with a common name. When running track, these things happen:
- your input is parsed
- the argument is used to look up the target in the world. This is akin to "where guard". "track guard" would lead you to the topmost guard on that list.
- the room graph is searched for the specific mob we determined in the previous step.

To check if this is happening, try giving your test mob a strange alias ("dfghjk") and try tracking THAT (track dfghjk) and see if you're still being led astray.

More
28 Nov 2016 23:19 #6328 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic Track vs hidden door
Giving it a special name helped. So it works Thanks

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds