Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Fixing issues with protocol.c(or how to compile on windows without cygwin)

More
03 Oct 2013 10:18 #4375 by Omagasohe
protocol.c wasn't written for circle, and that being so pretty much ignores the conf.h declarations, and has show headers declared in the wrong order. but this only affects compatibility with windows. I personally use VC++, then compile on Ubuntu(complete with headers that sort out the conf.h), since I like VC++ and coding on a CLI is tedious. I's really a simple fix. after that it's the same as in the documentation. the biggest part is the HAVE_ARPA_TELNET_H
and the malloc.h def at the bottom, there should be a better fix, but it's what worked.
just replace the entire include section.
Code:
/****************************************************************************** Header files. ******************************************************************************/ #include <sys/types.h> #include "conf.h" //defines a bunch of stuff needed #include "protocol.h" //important for non unix platforms #ifdef HAVE_ARPA_TELNET_H #include <arpa/telnet.h> #else #include "telnet.h" #endif /****************************************************************************** The following section is for Diku/Merc derivatives. Replace as needed. ******************************************************************************/ #include "sysdep.h" #include "structs.h" #include "utils.h" #include "comm.h" #include "interpreter.h" #include "handler.h" #include "db.h" #include "screen.h" #include "improved-edit.h" #include "dg_scripts.h" #include "act.h" #include "modify.h" #ifdef CIRCLE_WINDOWS #include <malloc.h> #endif
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomas, bakarus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds