Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Achievements

More
23 Apr 2013 07:39 #1991 by rudeboyrave
Achievements was created by rudeboyrave
I was thinking about TbaMUD having an achievement system similar to world of warcraft's.

On our MUD it would reward players with permanent stat bonuses that carry over progressions(remorts), gear, weapons, and other in-game rewards.

I was thinking stuff like

do_achievments:
You have completed 1 CyberASSAULT Achievement.

5 levels - Achievement UNLOCKED. [Havent Rage Quit Yet!] + 2 hp
10 levels - Achievement LOCKED. [Getting Beefy ] + 2 hitroll
20 levels - Achievement LOCKED. [Halfway There ] + 5 practices

this would in turn knock the Achievement counter up +1 and set a flag so that the player couldn't gain that achievement again... Even upon level 5 next remort.

Other trees of 'chieves could be - hitroll, damroll, cash on hand or bank cash, remorts, qps, areas visited, mobs killed, deaths, spells or skills learned, etc.

What do you guys think. This seems like a good idea but could take forever to work out. Anyone have any ideas on how this could be implemented without fubaring the pfiles etc.

CyberASSAULT
www.cyberassault.org
cyberassault.org 11111
A post-apocalyptic, sci-fi MUD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2013 05:26 #2029 by zusuk
Replied by zusuk on topic Achievements
Yeah good question, I just picture a ton of variables to keep track of all those statistics you need to save plus keeping track of all the acheivements you've accomplished. And if you add that all into the pfile it won't fubar anything, but man it'll be tons of info for each player file :P

Maybe you can have a separate file for all the statistics and acheivements?

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds