Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Trigedit

More
20 Mar 2013 23:34 #1645 by Gahan
Trigedit was created by Gahan
Hey there guys, I've come with another question.

It has been brought to my attention that the trigeditor has limitations as for the amount of data it will hold while inside the editor. I would assume all editors are like this, however trigeditor in particular is the the issue at hand.

Now, I do know that some editors have a maximum input length defined in a headerfile somewhere throughout the TBAMud codebase, however I'm more looking for possible methods of increasing the editor length and as well as to discuss possible problems ensuing after doing so.

Any thoughts, conclusions or ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2013 23:45 - 20 Mar 2013 23:46 #1646 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Trigedit
Max input length is 512 characters per entry. But editor capacity is much more. My longest trig is well over 200 lines. What limit are you running into?

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com
Last edit: 20 Mar 2013 23:46 by Rumble.

More
21 Mar 2013 00:27 #1647 by Gahan
Replied by Gahan on topic Trigedit
I'm trying for somewhere around 400 lines. If it goes by character length and and not number of lines, i'm getting stuck around the 100 line mark and I guess maxing out 512 around that point.

My assumption is i would have to go to 4096 to ensure i do not run into this problem.

I guess the add string command, modifys the d->str to be what it was plus the new line in modify.c

If max size of d->str is 512, which part of the code defines that?

More
21 Mar 2013 14:18 - 21 Mar 2013 14:18 #1651 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Trigedit
There is a max trigedit string length constant, I forget what it is called. I doubled it several years ago. If you need to make it longer you can but I'd suggest you split up your trigger :-)

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com
Last edit: 21 Mar 2013 14:18 by Rumble.

More
22 Mar 2013 01:36 #1660 by Gahan
Replied by Gahan on topic Trigedit
Righto. We have some pretty complex triggers, and unfortunately breaking this one up is going to be overly complicated. If anyone runs into the trigedit string length constant please let me know, I can't seem to find it. Im guessing its an editor thing and not specifically attributed to trigedit.

More
22 Mar 2013 07:02 #1661 by zusuk
Replied by zusuk on topic Trigedit
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but the MAX_STRING_ caps are in structs.h
They look like this:
Code:
#define MAX_STRING_LENGTH 49152 /**< Max length of string, as defined */ #define MAX_INPUT_LENGTH 512 /**< Max length per *line* of input */ #define MAX_RAW_INPUT_LENGTH (12 * 1024) /**< Max size of *raw* input */ #define MAX_MESSAGES 120 /**< Max Different attack message types */ #define MAX_NAME_LENGTH 20 /**< Max PC/NPC name length */ #define MAX_PWD_LENGTH 30 /**< Max PC password length */ #define MAX_TITLE_LENGTH 80 /**< Max PC title length */ #define HOST_LENGTH 40 /**< Max hostname resolution length */ #define PLR_DESC_LENGTH 4096 /**< Max length for PC description */ #define MAX_SKILLS 600 /**< Max number of skills/spells */ #define MAX_ABILITIES 200 /**< Max number of abilities */ #define MAX_AFFECT 32 /**< Max number of player affections */ #define MAX_OBJ_AFFECT 6 /**< Max object affects */ #define MAX_NOTE_LENGTH 4000 /**< Max length of text on a note obj */ #define MAX_LAST_ENTRIES 6000 /**< Max log entries?? */ #define MAX_HELP_KEYWORDS 256 /**< Max length of help keyword string */ #define MAX_HELP_ENTRY MAX_STRING_LENGTH /**< Max size of help entry */ #define MAX_COMPLETED_QUESTS 1024 /**< Maximum number of completed quests allowed */

There is also:
Code:
/** Define the largest set of commands for a trigger. * 16k should be plenty and then some. */ #define MAX_CMD_LENGTH 16384

which is also in structs.h

I am not sure if any of those are what you need though :P

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds