Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question TBA patches

More
27 Feb 2013 18:39 #1568 by Speef
TBA patches was created by Speef
Do you guys want patches from the outside?

I'm doing some hacking, mostly as a C refresher for myself. I've done a couple things that may be of use (for example, a large reduction in the size of the Macro Mountains in class.c, which makes it a lot easier to configure the number of levels and classes in your MUD- I redid XP, THAC0, and saves. Twice, because I decided the first implementation might burn too many CPU cycles with a lot of players.) I am currently writing the framework for a second rewrite (I need decent hashmap functions to do it the way I want to).

If you do, I have a few questions about it (for example, the function that populates the XP hash currently is an eyesore because it conforms *exactly* to the original XP table for the first 30 levels, if the MUD has at least 30 levels. Is that neccessary? I could cut the size of that code down to 10% of what it is with a function that approximates the original curve.)

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2013 18:47 #1569 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic TBA patches
We highly encourage people to submit patches/snippets. You can upload them yourself via:
tbamud.com/downloads/viewcategory/5-snippets

Or email them to me directly and I will add them. I just updated our downloads module and it works for me but I'd appreciate if someone else tested it by uploading something.

Also Vatiken and I both have ideas in the todo list to fix the long XP tables and we'd like to see what other people have done. Any code optimization is always welcome.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds