Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question DG-script last end tank

More
02 Jan 2019 02:55 #8291 by Nero
DG-script last end tank was created by Nero
Trying to create a mob that will only target the person who enters the room last so the strategy would be that the person who needs to tank would need to be the last person to enter the room or positioned in the group as last. I also want the mob to be immune to taunts and other aggro skills. I am not sure how to accomplish this in DG Scripts but I know it can be done. Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2019 02:13 #8294 by Parnassus
Replied by Parnassus on topic DG-script last end tank
First, some warnings:
My information may not be accurate and should be tested before being trusted.
I don't understand the thing about taunt and aggro skills.
Your mud may treat tanks differently than my stock mud does.

I think the things you need to remember here are :
1. The last person into the room is the first on the list.
2. Any entry trigger should wait at least 1 sec or the action may happen before the target enters the room.
3. Followers enter a room so quickly that we don't see a pause but the game itself does.

Therefore:
The mob needs to wait the usual 1 or 2 sec. By this time all followers should be in the same room as the mob. I'm not responsible for anyone who immediately leaves the room.

Do loop. For some reason I usually suggest the decapitating rabbit (tstat 1398) but the grenade trigger of the day will work with the benefit of being able to see it in the forums.

Check to make sure it's a player and not some mob that wandered in or a player pet that happens to be following.
(help char-var: is_pc - Checks if the actor is a player.)

Check to make sure that this character is a follower.
(help char-var: master - The master of the actor (as an id), or an empty return.)
You might have to play with this a bit but I think if !master the player is not in a group. In TBA it seems that it's possible to be in a group and not following but that doesn't seem to be what you're looking for.

More
11 Jan 2019 08:09 #8295 by Papaya Pete
Replied by Papaya Pete on topic DG-script last end tank
I remember a friend of mine tackling this a different way: he added in a few flags to show whether the mob would attack the strongest hostile in the room or the weakest. So, you could walk in and technically be the "tank," but the mob would target that weakest guy that the party was trying to power level (or the vulnerable robe-wearer who couldn't take a hit).
I'm not sure exactly how he did it exactly; it wasn't something I was thinking of putting into my mud. I'll ask him when I next get a chance, and while he did it through coding the logic could perhaps be used in scripts (though I have the feeling your logic will do the trick!).

More
21 Jan 2019 20:41 #8300 by Nero
Replied by Nero on topic DG-script last end tank
I am actually looking to do something similar as that Papaya - Having the mob keep aggroing the lowest HP player in the room and be immune to taunts, etc.

More
23 Jan 2019 09:07 #8301 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic DG-script last end tank
What kind of taunts do you have ?

More
23 Jan 2019 13:26 #8302 by WhiskyTest
Replied by WhiskyTest on topic DG-script last end tank
"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds