Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Loading objects or mobs to another room

More
28 Apr 2017 22:28 - 28 Apr 2017 22:29 #6670 by Sascha
So, here's what we're trying to do, and I think maybe our experience with another mud's OLC may be affecting my thought process as I'm trying to help work this out, so I'm going to ask:

Is there a way to load an object or mob to an entirely separate room than the one where the trigger is being fired?

For example: When you go talk to a mob, during its speech trigger can it also load an object or mob to an entirely different room?

We have tried: %at% (roomnumber) load mob (mobnumber), %at% (roomnumber) %load% mob (mobnumber) and %at% (roomnumber) load obj (objnumber), %at% (roomnumber) %load% obj (objnumber)

Something like this:
say That's why she makes the best tracker. <-- mob is speaking
say She thinks like her quarry. <-- mob is speaking
%at% 1944 %load% obj 1912 <-- as mob speaks it loads object 1912 into room 1944 so it can now be found as part of this

Is it possible, are we missing a step, are we overcomplicating things...? :)

Thank you!

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000
Last edit: 28 Apr 2017 22:29 by Sascha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2017 17:47 #6676 by Parnassus
I don't know why I can't get this to work when I have a trigger that does much the same thing that works. It may be a problem with mob triggers, since my trigger is an object trigger.

However, I have a workaround that may do for you:
Code:
say That's why she makes the best tracker. mgoto 1944 %load% obj 1912 room mgoto <original room number> say She thinks like her quarry.

The only reason I changed the order of the commands is that it's normal to think, "But how long is that going to take? What will be seen?" so changing the order will give you a better idea what you don't see.

If the mob wanders, then you'll need to add a few lines:
Code:
set originalroom %self.room.vnum% say That's why she makes the best tracker. mgoto 1944 %load% obj 1912 room mgoto %originalroom% say She thinks like her quarry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sascha

More
02 May 2017 13:25 #6678 by Sascha
That's a very cool option and I see what you're doing there. Thank you so much - I'll try it in the next few days and get back to you.

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

More
02 May 2017 21:45 #6680 by Parnassus
Good luck with it :)

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds